Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of getting a Kit or doin a retro. While the kits are plug and play, i've read a lot about how crappy the beam is. having hot/cold spots, uncontrolled beams, etc etc. so my request is to post up a picture of your beam pattern. i just wanna know how it might look. i don't want to spend almost 300 and have it look really cheesy.

thanks

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by simple_azn@Nov 18 2005, 11:24 AM
I've been thinking of getting a Kit or doin a retro. While the kits are plug and play, i've read a lot about how crappy the beam is. having hot/cold spots, uncontrolled beams, etc etc. so my request is to post up a picture of your beam pattern. i just wanna know how it might look. i don't want to spend almost 300 and have it look really cheesy.

thanks
This thread has pics of my car (retrofit) and another tC w/plug-n-play HID kit (higher color temp than mine, which is factory stock BMW E46).

His car is insanely bright.

-Ed

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by EddNog+Nov 18 2005, 11:29 AM-->QUOTE (EddNog @ Nov 18 2005, 11:29 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-simple_azn
@Nov 18 2005, 11:24 AM
I've been thinking of getting a Kit or doin a retro. While the kits are plug and play, i've read a lot about how crappy the beam is.  having hot/cold spots, uncontrolled beams, etc etc.  so my request is to post up a picture of your beam pattern.  i just wanna know how it might look.  i don't want to spend almost 300 and have it look really cheesy.

thanks
This thread has pics of my car (retrofit) and another tC w/plug-n-play HID kit (higher color temp than mine, which is factory stock BMW E46).

-Ed [/b]
which do you like better? pattern wise? like if someone was coming at me on the opposite side of traffic would they get blinded?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by simple_azn+Nov 18 2005, 11:36 AM-->QUOTE (simple_azn @ Nov 18 2005, 11:36 AM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2005, 11:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-simple_azn
@Nov 18 2005, 11:24 AM
I've been thinking of getting a Kit or doin a retro. While the kits are plug and play, i've read a lot about how crappy the beam is.  having hot/cold spots, uncontrolled beams, etc etc.  so my request is to post up a picture of your beam pattern.  i just wanna know how it might look.  i don't want to spend almost 300 and have it look really cheesy.

thanks

-Ed
which do you like better? pattern wise? like if someone was coming at me on the opposite side of traffic would they get blinded? [/b]
Highly likely with the plug-n-play.

-Ed

·
Registered
71 Posts
on this site Xenon Pro's they state this on their "product" page...

"These Xenon bulb are precisely machine based to maintain the exact focus point and consistency. The precision guarantees the beam pattern will be the same as your OEM, and of course with dramatic increase in intensity thanks to the Xenon technology."

Now, i don't know how true that is, but, just figured i'd point that out. Anyone feel free to add your 2cents if you know otherwise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.