Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Nice to meet you all. I just purchased my tc baby this weekend. I was really looking forward to changing the headlamps to HID's. Unfortunately I asked the service guy and he says it is impossible. The wiring cannot take that much power. The Scion's were not made for that much power to be running through. I absolutely love the car but I am a bit disappointed that I can't change them lights; according to the Toyota dealership. Is there any truth to this. I am dying to change them anyways but don't want to ruin or "burn out" anything.

Help...please...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
+2 points to Jake for being nice

-5 points to DestinyGrL12 for not searching

+5 points to DestinyGrL12 for being #4000

So, I guess you're not in the wrong here. But you are in the wrong forum.

-10 pts to me for making such a stupid post.

Carry on.

EDIT: And welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Originally posted by neo-truth@Jan 22 2006, 09:34 PM
+2 points to Jake for being nice

-5 points to DestinyGrL12 for not searching

+5 points to DestinyGrL12 for being #4000

So, I guess you're not in the wrong here. But you are in the wrong forum.

-10 pts to me for making such a stupid post.

Carry on.

EDIT: And welcome to the boards.
where's my +7 for pointing out that she's our 4000th?!

·
Registered
6,191 Posts

I just realized you joined after me, but since I didn't actually start posting till late Decemberish, no wonder it felt like you were here much longer than I have.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Originally posted by DestinyGrL12@Jan 23 2006, 12:20 AM
Hello everyone. Nice to meet you all. I just purchased my tc baby this weekend. I was really looking forward to changing the headlamps to HID's. Unfortunately I asked the service guy and he says it is impossible. The wiring cannot take that much power. The Scion's were not made for that much power to be running through. I absolutely love the car but I am a bit disappointed that I can't change them lights; according to the Toyota dealership. Is there any truth to this. I am dying to change them anyways but don't want to ruin or "burn out" anything.

Help...please...

Thanks!
Ask EddNog. And if you have $1200 to spend you'll have a nice set of retro-fitted HIDs

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
What memeber am I? I guess I'll find out when i push 'add reply' eh? and My post number..hmm I'm going to guess 654 --Just guessing off the top of my head. I'll edit with my response in a sec. I too joined and did not post for a while either.

EDIT: Damn not even close..703 posts as of right now. Member 3048 or something..I forgot; but it's posted here. I wish i was like member 26 or something! That would almost be as cool as adding stickers to my car

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Ok, back ON TOPIC, it's possible, but very expensive -- ask EddNog. Or, you could go the cheap route (around $300) that krdshrk and others have gone, which looks nice but blinds others and is very obviously illegal.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Actually its only illegal if the bulbs are too blue. I had HIDs and had to take em out cuz they were too blue. I'm gonna get a set of 6000k instead of 8000k to avoid that problem again.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
^^^ In every state I've ever checked (including FL, I'm pretty sure), HIDs are illegal unless they were installed by the manufacturer.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Regardless of color temperature.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
The "blinding" issue will be corrected once Umnitza gets their projector project finished.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The legal issue won't.

Speaking of blinding, I was noticing last night on the way home from SoCal that a LOT of those wonderful SUVs out there have more light than the sun on the front of the cursed things. I had to dim my mirror even with tint. That's really bad.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Yes. I've noticed that too. That's with NORMAL halogen bulbs as well. I'll be driving and all of a sudden....

WTFBRIGHTINMYEYESCUZOFTHESIDEMIRROR.

My headlights are bright, but not overly blinding. The whole housing is lit up, like normal halogens. I'm seeing this more and more on the road nowadays.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jan 23 2006, 10:18 AM
The legal issue won't.

Speaking of blinding, I was noticing last night on the way home from SoCal that a LOT of those wonderful SUVs out there have more light than the sun on the front of the cursed things. I had to dim my mirror even with tint. That's really bad.
no doubt. and i had my side mirrors turned out. at least your lead position kept them off your ass for the most part. you clear the path with teh V1xor, i'll keep the SUV lights a car length back. sounds fair.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by krdshrk@Jan 23 2006, 01:14 PM
The "blinding" issue will be corrected once Umnitza gets their projector project finished.
I figure it's more likely that they'll just take the $2,000 and run. "Design issues," they'll call it, or something like that.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.