Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow forummers.

My name is Geoff and I'm 16. Right now I am driving a Toyota Rav4, this was my dad's old car. I'm working right now to try to buy a tC, I have a little over $3,000 but I don't think I will be able to afford insurance until summer

Is insurance too bad on this car? Right now I'm paying $750 every 6 months for my Rav4, I was hoping it'd be less than $1000 every 6 months for the tC.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I suppose it depends on a number of factors, including your age and driving record. My insurance is about $600 every six months, but I'm almost twice as old as you.

Welcome and good luck!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I guess its different for every state too but here's mine:
21/m/FL
$508.32 every 6 mos.
Liability Bodily Injury 10k/20k Property Damage 25k
$1000 Deductible though ...
3 tickets (before I got the V1 :p)

EDIT: Not under parents insurance.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Under your parents insurance it shouldn't be that bad. Do your research and find out. You can get a bunch of quotes online.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought I'd throw an update on here...

I finally bought my tC this past saturday in Superwhite. It should be here in a little over a week now. I bought it mostly stock, in addition to a hefty down payment, to keep monthly payments down. I got the iPod HU, TRD Quickshifter and side airbags. Since then however I have purchased an HKS exhaust and an inner lighting kit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Donna, I got quoted around $1100 every 6 months with a 500$ deductible for me (17/male). But my mom might be willing to have it insured under her name, and her van under mine becuase that'd be our cheapest to insure.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy!

·
In George I Trust
7,717 Posts
Welcome.

California
When I bought it, 19
Insurance, GMAC
Full Coverage
$121 a month

It actually lowered from there original quote by nearly $600. It was awsome to find that out. Just go to one of those websites that you ask for quotes from different Companies and see what it get's you. you'ld be suprised by the outcome. I was for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.