Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, well I have been looking at a few scions at our local toyota dealer and i'm reallyyy diggin the tC. Im wondering how this car compares to like a 2003 Grand Am SE (my current vehicle). Im only 16 and haven't had a chance to get someone of age to goto the dealer and take it for a drive and such so if you guys would be able to give me some information on the pro's and con's of the tC. Also would it be a smart move (both for the present and future) to get rid of the GA and pick up the tC?

Thanks for any information you guys can give me and I hope you can help me make the right choice!

~Mag

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
I don't think you're gonna find anyone on the forums that is gonna tell you not to get one. We've had ours & love it!! Every bit of it... we're still finding out little cool things our car can do. Best of all.... It's a toyota... treat it right & take car of it... It WILL last you forever!

I'll make you a little pro/con list of my own.

Pro's:
Price to Standard option ratio is outstanding
Styling
Handling
Power
Customizability
Gas Mileage (depending on driving habits)
Roomy Interior (I'm only 5'8")
I can go on & on but these are the biggest to me.

Cons:
Nose of the car is unseen ( By me anyways)
Blind spots at rear passenger window (if you've driven a Neon you'll know what I mean)
I think that's it.... really.

Dump the GA & get the tC!!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
You are driving a 2003? Why are you looking for a new car? If you own it, there is no real reason to burden your pocketbook with a car payment.

But as for the tC, you can read any review all over the internet and I will tell you the same thing. For the money, it absolutely cannot be beat. By anything. Period. It is the best car under $20,000 and better than most cars costing $25,000-$30,000.

You simply can't go wrong getting a tC if you are in the market for a new car and don't want to spend $30,000. If I had to do it all over again? I might take a gander at the new Mustang (but only for sentimental reasons) but then probably settle on the tC ultimately.

It's great and no one here will tell you different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well see, the grand am is paid off (was my money not the rents..hehe) and my dad's car is crappin out, its a 92 LeBaron, so I dont know if i'd be trading in the GA or not. But my dad still wants to know how this car compares to the GA, mind you i'm not enjoying the GA much at all, its only got 36k miles and was in for an internal transmission problem at 26k and the brakes are all weird. Also the windows are coming off track (and considering its quite cold here and i dont use the windows unless i goto mc. D's or something, thats a bit ridiculous). I dont know i guess im not really into the whole racing scene although if I wanted to be in the future it seems like the tC is the car for me. Any other opinions are greatly appreciated it

~Mag

·
Registered
220 Posts
If my honda del sol's motor hadn't crapped out on me, I'd still be driving it. Reason being is that car payments suck. I hadn't had a car payment in 2 years. But, you gotta do what you gotta do. I looked at 350z's, golfs, rx8's and whatnot, but decided on the tc because of low price, high quality, and realitvly low insurance costs. So, if you just have to have another car, I’d definitely recommend the tc.

Oh, and as far as comparing to a grand am, I’m not sure. I didn’t even consider any domestic brand car in my search. I usually lean towards imports.

late

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.