Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i really want to replace my rims but i want to stick with 17s. If i get rims that are 17x7 and bolt pattern 5x100 could i just have a shop take the tires off my current rims and put them on my new ones? These tires only have 8000 miles on them and i dont want to buy new ones yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you happen to know how much that would cost or even if it requires any special tools. If it doesnt take anything speacial to do it i might be able to convince someone to do it for free

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Mount / dismount of tires plus balancing costs anywhere from $15/wheel to $40/wheel. Shop around.

·
Registered
225 Posts
a ghetto shop in pomona, cali does it for like 15 bux each, but u can bargain it prolly down to 10. it takes thm like 2 minutes to do it, pretty simple if u hve the machine

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Pep boys cost me $25 each to change tires (took off 4 potenzas, put on 4 avon techs).

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
This is a lil off topic but what is the biggest size that can fit on the stock or other 17 x 7 rim?

-Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.