Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up I'm new. So I had a fairly unfortunate incident wherein the plastic casing on the side view mirror broke/fell off. I really don't want to have to pay for a whole new mirror unit b/c nothing else is broken. Anybody know if/where I can get just the casing and pop it on myself?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. That's the whole issue here - they only have the entire mirror unit (motor, mirror, electrical etc.) and it's more money than I can spend b/c the only thing that's broken is the casing. So I'm just looking for the plastic part to snap on to the mirror unit. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Um..."the casing feels kinda cheapy"?? The plastic housing on the side mirrors feels like...well...PLASTIC. It's actually pretty sturdy -- I clipped the entrance of my garage with my passenger-side mirror one night, and although it did crack the housing, I was able to pop the glass back onto the mirror and drive around like that for over a month.

Anyway, to answer your question, check eBay and ScionLife. I bought a replacement mirror for $65 shipped last week.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Oh, if anyone needs to replace the painted portion of the passenger-side mirror housing (in BCP) or the mirror glass itself, I have spares. PM me.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
This would be Duck tape. For professionals only.

Of course there is also duct tape, and when I was a kid it was colloquially called 100 mph tape. It has improved since then...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Oct 29 2005, 10:56 AM
This would be Duck tape. For professionals only.

Of course there is also duct tape, and when I was a kid it was colloquially called 100 mph tape. It has improved since then...
Leave it to Ace Hardware....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.