Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so some of the guys are also, like me, having a pretty hard time making out with the clutch and accelerator. right now, i'm still on the "adjusting" stage, a few forward and backward jerks "most" of the time. which is what i think is the reason why i'm starting to hear this tapping noise (sounds like "ta-ka-tak!") from under the car (i guess the clutch and the tranny area) for about 2 weeks now i think. i'm sure that i did not hear those during the first few days of the car. now my question is, is this a sign of breakage--that i have to go back to the dealer to have it checked, or that i should just calm down coz this is normal and expected?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm thinking you might hear the Synchro's doing their thing but with transmissions you NEVER know! After seeing some other tC owners post about manual tranny issues, I would say take it into the dealer as soon as possible for a road test. -T

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
I say definitely get that checked out... even if it doesn't cause damage now, it could lead to something down the road & after your warranty is up, assuming this is covered now, transmission work is almost always expensive! w/out more information, I can't even begin to guess how bad it is, or what it could be... not that I'm any kind of expert anyway

·
Registered
187 Posts
I read 3 different scion tc forums....and YES, there are many problems being talked about regarding the manual tranny.

I believe I have even heard one described like yours before.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Me too... I've read in other forums about the manual having issues... take it in and have it looked at just to be sure. Its doesn't hurt to have them look at it for you...

·
Registered
181 Posts
yeah i'd have to agree with the folks when they say to take it in and get it checked.
as for myself.. my tC's over 3200+ miles and hasn't had any troubles and/or
making any noises like you've described. and like you i went through a bit of
"getting used to" time with the manual tranny

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
just passed 2300 on the ODO, havent had any problems yet, but i will be paying closer attention to it just to make sure. thanks for the post, and good luck - hope it turns out to be nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts