Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am getting my new car tomarrow finally after 3 weeks and a half, i am excited :). I've been reading everything about what you guys been posting and all other stuff so i can learn stuff before i get the car. And i saw TCrazy's car and i was wondering how you washed it and made it shine like that?

Is this the stuff you using? http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?dept_id=126&pf_id=34417

or how do you use? Sorry for the question, i have no clue.
also imasaf's car is really shiney too and i didn't get what she/he was using...
if you guys could give me a alittle info. i would greatly appriciate it.

thanks,
erinc

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hi Erinc... congrats first on your new arrival.

As far as what T (T=TCrazy) and I use on our cars... its Zaino. You can buy the stuff online at http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc.

I used a lot of the Zaino products and had multiple applications of it on my car. One main reason was that I had used some other stuff and it ended up leaving swirls & spider webs on my car.

There's already a thread in the cleaning & car care forum about Zaino... http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.ph...wtopic=750&st=0. You may try to read through that for more info. The Zaino website also includes detailed instructions on how to care for your car...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Erin,

You will need Zaino Z-1 and Z-2 for your car. Follow the intstructions and order from www.zainobros.com Please feel free to post up any questions you may have after reading the info on the site! Congrats on your new car:) -t

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again i've read the link that you gavee, i think i am going to get the z5 to just in case. also i think they are sending an aplicator too..
erinc

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i placed the order, z-1, z-2, and z-5 including with shipping its 48$ or something like that

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Yes... if you spend over 25 dollars... they will send you a free applicator. I think getting a Z5 just in case is a good idea since they charge a $9 flat fee (I think) for shipping and handling. I ended up ordering almost two of everything, cause I got a set for my hubby too.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Sep 28 2004, 11:54 PM
Zaino is the best. Another layer this weekend!
For real. I'm up to three coats, with a squirt of z-6 before and after each coat.

Bring on that damn winter weather!

late

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can anyone tell me how would it be the best& easiest way to clean the car? I have Z1, Z2, and Z5.... After i was the car i should apply the ... first and than... and than.... the whole car? And get it of with a dry %100 cotton towel?

Erinc

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Ok... quick summary with no details....

wash ur car first.... dry it... then apply Z1... once u got Z1 on... u can apply a coat of Z5 on top of that (if you need it that is... not everyone need Z5 at this point)... then let it dry all the way.... then remove it... then apply a coat of Z2... let it dry... then remove it...

If you don't need Z5... then just do a coat of Z2... and u can repeat it so u have a couple layers on.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
You need to give it time before you put on multiple coats of Z5/Z2. Hit up the Z1, apply Z5 or Z2 over it, let it dry, then remove with a towel. After that, you can put a coat of Z6 on, then wait until at least the next day for any more Z2 or Z5.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts