Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was just wondering what that thing is called that is hanging from the lip kit cuz i need it!!! here are some pics

and here is why i need it!

ya.. it was night time and i didnt see the DEEP freakin pot hole and bam that is the result...

hopeing to find something to protect that especially if im thinking of lowering my car! ok thanks

-raytrix

·
Registered
5 Posts
Front Lip Diffuser... some times also called Splitter...

If you think it will help when going down drive ways you will rip that up first, especially carbon fiber / dry carbon ones...

They help with down force on the track, but look cool too...

They can easly be custom made, but some company's make them in Carbon Fiber and or Aluminum...

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
It's an Air Splitter but you'll just waste about $200-$300

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
If that's a splitter, I'll eat my bodykit. This is a splitter. Not some wire looking thing hanging down from the front lip.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
My bad, I couldn't see anything attached to the rods even with brightness peaked on my monitor. I see what you're talking about Tchi, thanks for the much clearer pics.

While it might protect the underside of the bumper, those rods are going to transfer the hit to their mount points. I think I'd use some aluminum bolts/screws to secure the rods to their mount on the bumper so they'll shear easily instead of breaking something else up higher. Just bring spare bolts with you in case you hit something.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Apr 12 2005, 01:26 AM
I think it looks cool... what I want to find is just a lip spoiler... not for the trunk, but for the bottom of the front bumper. I've seen one somewhere, i think it was in a magazine, but I can't find it online. Anyone know what i'm talking about??
i was thinking of getting the splitter but i am also looking for something like frostbytetc is talking about. anyone know of anything?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I want that splitter, what I'm going to do is get my buddy to fabricate some 1/2 inch tall, 6 inch "rails" of sorts and mount them on the bottom of the lip, so instead of the carbon fiber taking the beating if i scrape, the metal pieces will.. that and I would get those two supports that mount to the front and go up to the bumper with a spring damper in them, to absorb some of the shock.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by C!ph3r+Apr 30 2005, 12:33 PM-->QUOTE (C!ph3r @ Apr 30 2005, 12:33 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-FrostbytetC
@Apr 12 2005, 01:26 AM
I think it looks cool... what I want to find is just a lip spoiler... not for the trunk, but for the bottom of the front bumper.  I've seen one somewhere, i think it was in a magazine, but I can't find it online.  Anyone know what i'm talking about??
i was thinking of getting the splitter but i am also looking for something like frostbytetc is talking about. anyone know of anything? [/b]
Yeah.. anyone know? I know i saw a pic of a TC with it, just can't remember what magazine it was in... I wanna say sprot compact car, but it was an add for something. Damn I gotta find that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.