Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
The green wire you cut would happen to be the illumination (+) wire. You probably blew the parking light fuse. Reconnect that wire to the radio and check/replace your fuse. The wire you are looking for is in pin #7. It should be a white wire with a black stripe. Run your ground trace wire to this point. Looking at the back side of the harness, it should look like the illustration on this page:

http://www.carstereohelp.net/wireharness_Toyota3.htm

The radio pictured is not the Scion/Pioneer radio, but the pin-out is the same for the main connector. Remember, the pin-out is as if you were looking at the back side of the harness. From the front side it will be a mirror image.

Also, it is best NOT to use a seat bolt for your amp ground. There is alot of paint/undercoating, etc in the threads of the seat bolt and will not make for a good ground point. Use a self-tapping screw with star washers and scrape the paint with a wire wheel brush at the seat rail for a good ground. Bad grounds can cause all kinds of problems w/ amplifiers, including engine whine and thumps/pops etc.

Good luck, hope this helped.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I was going off of memory on the wire color, I may have been wrong. It is definately pin #7 though. As far as the amp cutting out while shifting, I'm not sure. Double check the cable rounting to make sure nothing is pinched. Are you still running the stock deck? You didn't mention that before. If so, where did you connect the turn-on lead for the amp?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Glad I could help. The sound cutting out could be a bad connection at turn-on lead or the speaker leads. How did you make these splices...solder, butt connectors, t-taps or just wrap & tape??? I doubt it is a static issue. It could also be a bad hi-to-low adapter as well. Many of them are cheaply made and i've seen them w. bad solder juntions as well as inferior parts used causing many problems, including the ones you have described. Just giving some troubleshooting ideas...good luck!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.