Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*tries to calm down*..

Seeing as how I must still not know where my car is, (how pathetic), i accidently backed too far up into my neighbors driveway, and hit their ####ing BUSH WHICH IS GOING TO DIE.

hER'ES a picture:

I'm going to bring my car into my dealer on monday, and ask them how much it is going to cost me to get it fixed. what scares me is my buddy got into an accident with his xA, and really messed up his back bumper, worse than mine, and it cost him $1500 to get it fixed. NO BUSH IS GOING TO MAKE ME SPEND $1500, THAT'S INSANE. Ok, but my concern is if i file a claim with geico, since i allready have a strike against me for not having driven for 3 years yet, i guarantee they'll raise my rates, if not cancel me. So, that's pretty much not even an option. I get to pay for this bs out of pocket. But what am i looking to spend to get it fixed???? And for you experts out there.. what would you do yourself to get this fixed??

Thnx guys.. i'm going to go find a corner and die in it now.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Holy crap what sort of bush is that, a titanium one? Or did you totally plow through it?

Okay, sorry; to get on topic, I highly doubt it'll cost $1,500 to fix that. Your dealer may want that much but if you shop around I'm quite positive you can find a body shop or a skilled painter/puller who can make that look very, very good for under $600. Plastic can often be harder to fix than metal, and that's the hard part, not the paint, in this case. It's hard to tell if the plastic bumper cover is permanently damaged or not. If the cover is repairable, it should be under $600 for sure. I'm not sure how much it is for a new cover though, in case it can't be fixed.

Oh and don't mind my initial comment I didn't mean it in any way against you, I just found it remarkable that a bush can do that much damage to a single little concentrated spot on this car's bumper.

I hope I was of some sort of help!

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Looks like four to five inches in from the left side, three to four inches down from the top of the rear bumper on a BSP or FM with no lip kit.

-Ed

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol @ bush comments.

Ok, i just washed/cleaned my car.. gona go take a few more pics of different angels. after washing it, it really isnt THAT bad.. but i am NOT about to be "that guy" who has the tC who gets mocked by others b/c of the condition it's in. i WILL get this fixed, and my car will be hot again, lol.

ok, just came in to get a drink and cool down.. its like 70 out and the sun was out (haha, i ny, can you believe it?!)

gona go take more pics, ill have them up and posted shortly. thnx guys for reading!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Allright, here you go:

This is a digital zoom of the damage:

Look in the green:

Car is so shiny:

GOD DAMN BUSH. I was parked to the left in front of the house you cant see. i backed up into that driveway.. ahem, bush.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Dude the location, angle and general way you shot the photo plus the way the damage looks makes this appear more like a satellite shot of an asteroid impact crater than a titanium bush strike point...

Especially the first one!

-Ed

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Nature wins again!!

Worst case scenario, you buy a new bumper cover and have it painted. You'll be out 500 bucks or so.

In the future, remember not to blame the bush. Look how nicely manicured he is. Clearly a well-behaved shrubbery.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'll play devil's advocate.

Let's say Dr. I is correct and that it'll cost you ~$500. That's a lot of loot. You could pick up a nice Taurus 24/7 handgun and have enough cash left over for 500 rounds shooting at the range. Or, you could get ~210 gallons of gas at tomorrow's price. Or a new head unit and speakers. To coin a famous A-bomb jockey - "Shoot, a fellah could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

I guess what I am driving at is that you had an embarrassing nick. But the car is driveable and really not that damaged. Save the money for something more useful to you. Your tC, like mine, is just a car and will get some damage before it is all said and over.

Believe me, I understand. I once left a Mazda 323 GT pocket rocket with all four wheels off the ground as it rested on a rose bush. I was picking thorns out of the bumpers for weeks. The worse part was that the stinking copper made me pay $75 to the homeowner, and this was just a wild rose bush worth no more than a six pack of beer. But boy, the emergency volunteer goomers in that area got a kick seeing the car perched there.

GA tC

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I go to my dealer on tuesday to have my transmission looked at (http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6795), I'm going to have them appraise the damage. If it's REASONABLE, i'll get it fixed. If not, I'm just going to buy a bottle of BSP touch up paint and live with it. And lol @ the hurricane responses to my zoomed in picture, heh.

I'll let you guys know how much they want to rape me on tuesday...

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah whenever you do something like that, you feel retarded....

but don't worry, from what it looks like, it seems like you can get it patched up and painted over for at most 400 dollars - if you find a good body shop. but at the same time, i could be wrong b/c i'm no car buff....

i had my battle with nature - i went camping with friends for a couple days, on the first day, i had to back out the car in the middle of the night on an incline - pitch black, no road lights, narrow road - backed up too far and hit a damn rock. that ruined my "getaway." left a good dent on the bottom of the bumper but I touched it up with paint and it looks a bit better now (even though the dent is still there)... i wanted to f*** up that rock, but i was too tired too. lol.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Oct 1 2005, 07:16 PM
when you said you "hit a bush" I thought you were talking about George or Laura and i was excited. then i realised you were in tC talk.

that is a major ouchie.
You mean he's not talking about his Saturday night escapades? Oops. Wrong category!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.