Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to order some PIAA Parking lights are the parking lights hard to replace?? I cant even see the bulb i see the high beam and low beam and turn signal but not the parking light bulbs

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Yeah you'll have to reach in and under... be prepared to hurt.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I just got PIAA parking lights. I couldn't remove the parking lights at first. Took off my front bumper and had both out in 5 mins. Its a lot easier to access them. If you have small hands you might not have to remove it.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
what?!?! remove the bumper???

take put the low beams and stick your hand below and it should be diagonally away from the low beams towards the outer part of your car.

if its hard to reach your hand down there (especially for the passenger side ones since there's a washer fluid thingie) take a plier and twist them off (it'll be a lot easier that way anyway)

I hope you didn't get blue. I wish I could've gotten white ones like someone else here, since I forget that I'm driving with my parking lights on half the time, and I get worried that I'd get pulled over for some dumb blue LEDs

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I do not have small hands and I was able to get the parking lights out just fine. It's a little tricky reaching them, but the car is designed so that you can change the parking light bulbs without removing anything. I also don't know why you guys are using pliers to remove a bulb.

What's the problem with blue? You're not really supposed to drive around with just parking lights on anyway ("parking" lights), and the blue isn't very noticeable with the headlights on.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I couldn't get the leverage to twist the parking lights off. I took the bumper off because I installed new bulbs in my fogs too. I have blue parking lights but I only use it when I'm parked lol. Can barely tell they're blue with my lows on. I was thinking about getting white parking lights but what's the point. I like the hint of blue you see when you look at the lights with the lows on. white you wouldn't be able to tell any difference.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
@Marty

yeah I know they're "parking" lights, but I often drive with them on (don't ask why, cuz I really don't know)

it took me like 20 minutes to get the driver's side parking light out with my hands, and it was too hard to reach the passenger side and even after putting my hands on the bulb, I couldn't twist it off, so I used a plier instead. Sorry, but my hands aren't manly and strong like yours Marty.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
^^^ Getting the bulb out sucks a fat one, but I wouldn't feel comfortable using pliers. Actually, I'm not sure I could even get pliers down there and still be able to manuever my fat hands enough to turn them.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Removing bumper is a whole lot easier than taking it out by manuevering in what little space you have.

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by tCrease@Jan 19 2006, 05:28 PM
Removing bumper is a whole lot easier than taking it out by manuevering in what little space you have.
Really, it's not. It takes me under a minute to change both bulbs.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
well I didn't have to remove my bumper, nor do I know how

get your g/f to do it. maybe she can fit her hand in that small space haha unlike marty's fat hand

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
my g/f was unavailable and i got big hands. hence it took a while. but it pays off as far as looks go. she got super small hands tho, woulda been easy as hell.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.