Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter how much I have regretted this day...it finally happened
. I come out of costco and saw this horrible sight (pictured below). Someone left this on my 2-1/2 month old baby on the front bumper. Please, if anyone knows how I could be able to remove this without having to pay enormous amounts of money to paint the whole bumper, please share. I see a little bit of black under four of the major lines that go down...so I know that is not too good. However the area is not dented. Thanks...any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
223 Posts
That looks pretty deep. I'd say you'd have to go with a paint job with that one.

Or, you could go ghetto and run with a front bra...

late

·
Registered
614 Posts
wow. that really sucks. did they park too close in the parking spot in front of you and hit the car or do you think they actually took the time to scratch it on purpose? i know you didn't see it happen but a lot of purposeful scratching has been occurring for tc people. it like a hate thing. that's just horrible.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Start by cleaning it up with some cleaner wax to remove the 'bonus material' and see how bad it really is. Touch up paint won't make it disappear, but it will probably help.

·
Registered
255 Posts
From the pic I can't really tell how deep that scuff is. But your best bet would be to do what krzy said and try to clean it up prior to doing anything. I'd try to buff it as much as possible so that you have an accurate sense of what you have to deal with (who knows, the actual damage might be smaller than it appears). And if you have to touch it up, well, it's not really the end of the world because the car's still dope, and you're already half way done due to your cleaning.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I wouldn't recommend touch-up paint if the scratches are that long. It would hide the white, but won't leave a nice finish. But thats just my opinion... I've used the touch-up paint on small spots and it doesn't look great. Other alternative is to just install your front plates... that should cover it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
no! that suxs. On my car, I've notice 2 scratch marks on both sides of the car, almost exactly the same spot. Anyway when I first saw it, It looked huge!
but then it a couple days passed and it disn't look that bad. In fact, you could only see it if you know it's there. but it still pisses me off that there's people out there that are not careful. When it comes to my car, I don't trust anyone. I park far away. Or if I park near or whatever, I park at a spot where you could only park one space next to you and I make sure my car is so close to the curve or wall or whatever that it would be impossible for the other car to accidently scratch my tC. Yeah, sorry no help here but I am sharing your pain. Bloody Hell!!!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Looks like a shopping cart incident. I would recommend going to one of the quick dent removal places, like Dent Wizard, and getting an estimate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.