Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-family:Arial">
HEY PLEASE HELP ME... OK THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I AM BUYING A NEW CAR! I WAS GIVEN MY SISTERS OLD CAR AS MY FIRST ONE SO I HAVE NEVER BEEN OUT SHOPPING AROUND FOR CARS BEFORE. I HAVE FALLEN IN-LOVE WITH THE tC BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I'M READY FOR THE EXPENSE. ... BUT IF IM GETTING A CAR I WANT TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO REGRETS..

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST IS A "HAVE TO HAVE" FEATURE?

AND WHAT COLOR... I REALLY LIKE THE AZURE PEARL .. I WAS LOOKING THROUGH ALL THE PICTURES ON HERE AND THERE WASN'T MANY IN THIS COLOR.. WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT?

ALSO IS THERE ANY SET BACKS LIKE ELECTRONIC OR MECHANICAL... BLABLABLA

OK SORRY I TALK TO MUCH.. IM JUST EXCITED.. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW!

</span>

·
Registered
266 Posts
The first new car gets anyone excited. I am glad to say that any new car should get anyone excited. The Azure is a nice like color. The car I test drove and bought first was an Azure. Trouble was..it had already been sold and paid for in full and awaiting delivery. I like the color. Many of the male owners on this sight refer to it as a "girly color". I assume that is fine with you. I like a lighter color because the really dark Indigo that I have shows dirt, swirls, and scratches really bad.
I think the first thing you need to decide is do you want a automatic or a manual shift? The automatic will run $800 + more. The next major decision is do you want side air bags? That is a fairly expensive option as well. The reason I highlight these things is that they are the main things that are done when the car is actually built. Most everything else can be done at the port of entry or the dealer. The side airbags do really make the car safer and may give you a small insurance break depending on your insurance co. The big deal with getting any options you want installed before delivery is the fact that they can be added to your car payments and involves no total outlay of cash at the time. I bought the basic car with an auto and added some of the other things later.
I have had no mechanical problems and most problems you will see posted on this site involve rattles, popping noises from the moonroof or other small issues that still can get on your nerves. Mine has not displayed any such troubles other than a little rattle in the center console. I do not remember reading of any major problems keeping the tC from running etc.
You need to get out there and test drive a tC if you have not already done so.
Good luck in your choices and take your time in making them. The time invested now will be worth it.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I have no regrets abotu buying my tC. Although it is a very good value, if your screen name is any indication of your age -- and based on your comment questioning whether you're ready for the expense -- you may have a difficult time coming up with the money for any new car. I'm not saying you can't handle it; I'm just suggesting that you take everything into account and BE REALISTIC when you decide whether and which new car you can afford.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
^^^ true, true. From the dealer perspective, some people are really excited and extend themselfs beyond their means.

the tC is a wonderful car, I couldn't be happier.

With that being said,

Ally, if you are around Sacramento, We (inevitablegod and myself) have a bunch of tCs just waiting to go to a good home. People seem to think that we rock harder than EVERYbody else.

mori~

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your comments... but with the age thing.. your a year off... I'm 18, but its also been my racing number for about hmmm.. 11 years. I used to race Jr. Dragsters and I just recently gave it up.. so if you can't tell, I'm a speed demon.... so does the tC have a little kick to it?

I have the money though.. I just think that I'm going to be a little overwhelmed.. with no matter what car I get because I'll be going from no bills to one big one!

Keep on with the good advice....

BTW... you will never find me in an automatic!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Don't forget to factor in Insurance when considering the amount you have to spend. Being 18 usually means pretty high premiums. You may want to attempt to get quotes before you make the purchase. I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i love my tc and i say if u can afford it go for it. and about the color the azure pearl is a real nice color and u don't see many on the streets, but if u look at it thats a good thing, you would be one of the few drivers with that color. the tc does have some kick too but test drive one and see for urself.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Before I purchased my car, I read these boards for about 20 hours and found out everything I could about the tC. I also test drove it three times, by myself and with a friend.
Don't overextend yourself, but keep in mind this car is loaded for the price and you should have very little maintenance expense for a good while with a new car. Do check the insurance on it. It should also keep a good resale value. Toyota's are incredibly dependable cars.
I got the side air bags which come with curtain air bags for safety, and I would highly recommend that be a first concern. The tC does have a 5 test crash rating, but an SUV can plough right through your window, and curtain air bags and side air bags will help immensely.
I also got wheel locks before I left the lot because these wheels are very stealable. One person who purchased a tC here got their wheels stolen the first night.
I think you will absolutely love this car and can't go wrong with it. Just don't bite off more than you can chew in car notes.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
as far as a must do.... lots recommend lowering the car... and i think you'd want some floormats....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.