Scion tC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. today i was driving one of my friends and my other friend pulled next to me and she wanted to race. so i thought ok once wont hurt. The sad part is my car is brand new. I have like 170 milez on it. i rev'd to 6ooo and i let go the gas. is this really bad for ur car during the break in period. what are the long and short terms effectz? thank.. help me out!!!

· Registered
543 Posts
i read somewhere on this forum that for race engines you push the engine hard within the first few miles, but they don't care if the engine lasts more than a few hundred miles without needing work. (i'm no expert, don't take my word for it)

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
I just can't get past all the z's to answer the question.

· Registered
4,327 Posts
One question: Why?

You knew that you were still in the break-in period with only 170 miles and you still race it. I don't think it will hurt your car much though. Just try not to do it again until you're around 1k.

· Registered
4,327 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@May 15 2005, 01:05 PM
I just can't get past all the z's to answer the question.
Haha. I hear ya Lance. I'm asian but I don't typez likez thiz. Its a pet peeze of mine and is it that hard to type correctly?

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
I really think language is going through an evolutionary phase at a much higher rate of speed than ever before because the Internet has created an environment where anything goes. Standards and conventions for grammary, syntax, and spelling have been abandoned and replaced by nearly unintelligible gibberish. The sad thing is, it used to be geographically limited, vernacular was localized. Now, it depends on where you hang out on the 'Net.

[RANT]Worst of all, these guys who think it's all cool to talk like gangstas, or act like rappers who are trying to act like gangstas, get completely blown off in the real world of business. People with money and knowledge think you are either ignorant or stupid when you talk and act like this.

So then I hear, "Oh, I don't care what they think, I'm just expressing myself." Sure. But you are also limiting yourself as soon as you open your mouth. You won't get the same opportunities, you'll have to work a lot harder to prove yourself, and you will often be ignored in preference to people with lesser technical skills but better social skills.[/RANT]

People judge you by how you express yourself.

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Exactly. This is the reason I avoid sounding like a Southerner because I get the distinct feeling I have the high possibility of being judged were I to talk with and use words like ain't.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Ask yourself this question: If you were facing brain surgery, and your surgeon came in to the room and said, "Yo, wassup wi dis tumor in yo head?" would you be thinking about choosing a different surgeon? I would be for sure!

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK SMARTASS I DONT NEED U GUYZ TO TELL ME HOW TO TYPE I SAID A SIMPLE QUESTION ANSWER IT OR NOT.. IM NOT TRYIN TO BE A GANGSTER OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT ITZ JUST HOW I TYPE SO PLZ GET OVER IT..

· Registered
1,686 Posts
if you were not so quick to retaliate to lance and jake... you would see that they are offering you some sound advice... and yes... those Z's are a distraction... it was the first thing i noticed when i read your post and i had to re-read it to comprehend what you were asking.....

but like you, i have a habit of my own... the periods, and the lack of use of captials... my essays don't look like this, but first impressions are made, and people will judge you accordingly.... the brain surgon example is a good one... made me laugh.... so don't get so pissed off... take it with a grain of salt

· Registered
221 Posts
your car will explode once it hits 1k miles.

j/p, i don't think you can do any major damage to the engine with just one run at high rpm's, so long it wasn't a prolonged period of time. think of it as seating your rings really really hard. in my opinion it shouldn't be that big of a problem, but someone with more experience might disagree with me.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Originally posted by aznstylez@May 16 2005, 06:19 PM
OK SMARTASS I DONT NEED U GUYZ TO TELL ME HOW TO TYPE I SAID A SIMPLE QUESTION ANSWER IT OR NOT.. IM NOT TRYIN TO BE A GANGSTER OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT ITZ JUST HOW I TYPE SO PLZ GET OVER IT..
okillignoreallconventionandanswerur?wutud1dwuzb4d4urenjin.plzgetovermybdtipng!

· Registered
1,686 Posts
LOL... took me about a minuet to figure it out.

· Registered
453 Posts
Originally posted by doock87@May 16 2005, 08:36 PM
your car will explode once it hits 1k miles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.