Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, this is my first ever post, i live in the south bay and i'm going to order my tC next week. the dealer told me it's a 3-6 week wait. hey guys, i know this may sound stupid, but i'm torn between the black sand pearl and the flint mica. i want the black cuz with black tint, it looks hella smooth, BUT it gets dirty fairly quick and visible. Flint mica is almost like dark grey, and with the metallic look, it wont look dirty, or visible dirty i mean. please give me some of u guy's inputs and suggestions. thank you. oh ya, i'm also deciding very hard on the side airbag option, i dunno if it's really "necessary", or if it actually helps during a crash, or if it's more of a piece of mind..what do u guys think? worth the longer wait for side airbags? or just go stock since it's safe enough?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Okay Welcome to the forum. Since i have Flint Mica i'll tell you to get the FM of course, but if look at some pictures of the FM you will see it's very nice color and it's rare. No one has FM color. Here is some pics of my car i hope that helps. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1953086
BTW just go with stock you don't really need the side airbags, i mean since most cars dont have them it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Well I'm going to say to go with BSP!
It's such an eye catcher and it looks awesome at night. Yes she probably needs more tlc than the other cars but she's worth it. I think the TC is such a hot car and looks great in any color. Good luck with ur choice!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
i have flint mica so get black sand pearl

btw flint mica gets dirt quik too, so if you want black get it cause you will still be washing your car atleast twice a week with either color

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah, it seems like in my area, the flint mica is the most common color of all. I see it everywhere. Yes, it has the flicks in it so it sparkles, but so does Indigo Ink, which is what I have and I love it. If you want to go with a rare color, go Azure pearl, but if you want to tint your car, I saw black pearl, it'll look good. That's just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by mickster@Jul 10 2005, 02:31 AM
hi guys, this is my first ever post, i live in the south bay and i'm going to order my tC next week. the dealer told me it's a 3-6 week wait. hey guys, i know this may sound stupid, but i'm torn between the black sand pearl and the flint mica. i want the black cuz with black tint, it looks hella smooth, BUT it gets dirty fairly quick and visible. Flint mica is almost like dark grey, and with the metallic look, it wont look dirty, or visible dirty i mean. please give me some of u guy's inputs and suggestions. thank you. oh ya, i'm also deciding very hard on the side airbag option, i dunno if it's really "necessary", or if it actually helps during a crash, or if it's more of a piece of mind..what do u guys think? worth the longer wait for side airbags? or just go stock since it's safe enough?
alright, i have a couple of things for you to wrap your head around.

color:

get what you like. I went with the BSP. i think the fleck shows up a little better.
the dirt is nothing a little auto dry can't fix.

side airbags:
if you can sport the extra $650 go for it. the safer the better, right?

waiting:
if you don't mind a drive out to Sacramento I think we can line something up a little faster for you. We just had a guy come out from Fremont to pick up a manual Nautical Blue yesterday. So, maybe we can work something out for you too. (Maita's Scion of Sacramento)

If you do want us to try to get a car in for you PM either inevitablegod or myself and we can try to hook that up. But, it seems like you still need to figure out what you want.

My thoughts: ask for either and take the first one to come in. You will be happy both ways.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by HaTeOnThYs05@Jul 10 2005, 09:20 AM
but if look at some pictures of the FM you will see it's very nice color and it's rare. No one has FM color.

are you serious?!?!? FM is the most chosen color among all of them. FM and SW are the leading colors chosen. [/b][/quote]
we put out quite a few Azure Pearls..... 'bout this time, we have more requests for the AP than FM and SW combined. curious?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys for all ur inputs!! i posted a forum up on scionzone and nobody ever responds..hehe i really like this forum! i check it like everyday. man..both colors seem so awesome..but i think it's gonna come down to the last minute at the dealership ordering it to have the final decision. haha it seems very simple but yet it's a very hard decision!!

oh ya, side airbags? what u guys think. cuz i heard it is a longer wait.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
sometimes yes, sometimes no. it kinda depends on what is out there. If you want them get them. can't be too safe. it will bump you payments up about ten dollars.

I think you should go with my idea. take the first one that we can get for you. (like that? i am squeezing my way into becoming your scion dealer.
)

·
Registered
453 Posts
fm or bsp, either way you will be stuggling to keep it dust free....both are beautiful, i have and fm, a buddyh with a bsp, both are great, take ur favorite cuz either way u will be washing it plenty

wait, just realized ur in the south bay......so get the bsp....cuz there are too many fm's around here....lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.