Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Scion tC manual 5 speed
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I'm Caden and I have had a 1st Gen 2005 Scion tC since 2019.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I bought the car before I even had a drivers license and it is my first car. I bought it from an immigration defense attorney who received it as payment from a client on a case. I paid $600 it was in pretty rough shape and had multiple check engine codes. I ended up replacing the catalytic converter with a cheap replacement and all of the emissions based codes disappeared.

After I did basic maintenance to it and took it on the highway, I lost all power to the wheels on an exit ramp and it had to be towed home. I took the transmission off to find the flex plate completely sheared from the crank. A cheap replacement was found on eBay and I replaced it in the driveway. The car still had a growling sound while driving around town, so I eventually replaced the front drivers side wheel bearing and the noise went away.
Rim Gas Circle Font Machine
Wood Automotive tire Bumper Gas Asphalt
Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Hood Tire

I then took the car for inspections and got my license!

After 6 months of driving it I decided I wanted to make it louder, so I bought the Borla S-Type exhaust for under $400. This also resulted in me resealing the entire exhaust so the car would be louder. (Will definitely make a post reviewing it.)

After another year of driving it, I decided it was time to do a transmission swap. I was getting bored of driving the automatic. There was a great guide on another forum and I am fortunate enough to be near 4 junkyards that had parts for a manual transmission swap. (Will make a guide with more photos and video about this)
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Car

Once the transmission was swapped I had no check engine codes and the car ran great. I then decided I wanted a new color, so I did some sanding and took it to Maaco. The results speak for themselves!

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Shorts

If you read the whole thing thanks! I've definitely learned a lot about the car over the three years I've owned it and hope to help other with their problems.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts