Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had originally put this in my thread in the gallery, but I found out there's actually an intro forum, so I decided to move this here:

Name: Edward Ng
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 165 lb.
Ethnicity: Asian
Birth Date & Place: January 22nd, 1982 in Lincoln Hospital, Bronx, New York
Blood Type: O+
No point in describing hair/eye color.

So my dad is from Hong Kong and my mom is from the Dominican Republic; all my grandparents were from China though, and my blood is technically 87.5% Han Chinese and 12.5% Mongolian. I speak Cantonese and also read, speak and write fluently in both, English and Spanish, as all three languages are spoken in my home/within my family & extended family.

I grew up in the Bronx and attended Catholic (Holy Family in Castle Hill) school up until 5th grade, for which I moved up to Scarsdale and began attending public schools (Greenville and then Edgemont High). After graduating high school in 2000, I took a brief stint at Stony Brook University pursuing electrical engineering before getting bored with it and moving on to The Culinary Institute of America where I graduated with an AOS in Culinary Arts in November, 2002. After that, I attend business school pursuing both, accounting and business management for a short while before getting my current job at GlobeOp Financial Services back in January. I work in OTC derivatives trade support, OTC collateral and OTC derivatives settlements.

Okay, I'll shut up now.

-Ed

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's so awesome that you speak three languages Ed! I speak Spanish fluently and I am currently learning Greek. My husband's family is Greek and I'd like our son to be able to speak, Spanish, English and Greek. We also lived in the Bronx for a few years, Bedford Park, and then we moved to Orange County.
Anyway, bienvenido!!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eric, Plissken: thanks!

Gracias, maareeaa; disfruta tu viaje en las Bahamas!

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always wanted to learn Mandarin, but never got around to learning it. Can't read or write in Chinese, either, other than my own name, the numbers and a few miscellaneous characters.

-Ed

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome! good intro, feel like i know u, hehe. there's a lot of Asian people in DR, at least more than you would think. I'm from DR and on vacation like about 1.5 yrs ago I went to this restaurant, and our waiter was Asian. I was like hey we got a japanese waiter. i didn't know if i should speak in english or spanish i was kinda confused, but when she spoke, she spoke with more of a dominican accent then i did. she just sounded more dominican than i have ever in my life, she spoke good english too. turns out her father's family is japanese.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hola, Vic; como 'ta?

Yep, over 10,000 Chinese in the capitol alone; not nearly as many Japanese, but there are a few, mostly outside the capitol. We have a good family friend, Yamasita, who is a dentist there. In fact, when I was a little kid, he (yep, a he, whose name ends in a!) took out one of my baby teeth when the adult one began to come out and I happened to be in Santo Domingo.

I actually speak both, clean Spanish and Dominican Spanish quite well. Spoke Dominican Spanish most of my life until high school, which I began taking Spanish classes to learn, "real," Spanish, and to learn proper grammar, spelling etc.

In actuality, English is my third language--I didn't start learning English until kindergarten.

-Ed

·
Registered
185 Posts
dimelo loco, como 'ta eso en nueva yol? lol. my mom speaks proper spanish and she speaks soft, depends who i'm talking to, to be proper or not to be. ok, later Ed.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Hey Ed! You've been here longer, but welcome anyway!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.