Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have completed a search for an awnser but i cant seem to find one. I ask for help from the smart guys now!!!

I have an 05' Tc ... I live in central NY and we have just had our first single digit temp nights.. I have gone out to my car 2 nights in a row after work now and as i start my car the fans are still on low from when i was driving to work, because i leave them on low when driving. Here in lies my problem ... the fans are not coming on..... the defogers both will work but for some reason the fans wont spin to push the air through the car .....i know there not working because no sound from the fans are audible in the car as would normaly be herd, even if i put the fans on max, no sound..... please if some one can just tell me that they dont turn on if the car is a certain temp or somthing....but im sure that is not it please help ....

I dont want to drive an ice cube tray this winter i bought a new car for a reason, so it doesn't have this kind of stuff happen!!!!!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Check the fuses for the heating system. A fuse might have blown.

If that's not it, call your dealership

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To add to my above post...... the fans work if the car is not extreamly cold.. i noticed that they have worked after the outside temp is around 30 deg give or take a few......i dont think it could be a fuse if they do work. This problem is still new, like i said it just happend no more than 3 days ago....

p.s. ....... thnks krdshrk.. i didn't think of that...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sometimes the fuse might not be pushed all the way in, or it may be defective and extreme temps might cause it to barely disconnect - so you definitely need to check the fuse if you haven't already - and that includes replacing it with a new one that you've checked with an ohm-meter.

After that, I'd call the dealer service dep't first before heading over there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.