Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what it would involve to install heated rearview mirrors on a tc. i have no real idea what technology goes into making them work or anything.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Pretty much the same technology that goes into your rear window defroster. Put some elements in the backside of the mirror where it is not visible and wire it into the defroster switch.

That said, I have not tried this nor will I. It appears to be too much work. But you asked and I gave an answer.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was wondering because my car gets parked outside and during the winter up here the car is covered in frost every morning. i'm also thinking that the heated front seats my dealer offers might not be bad either.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I'd rather have auto-dimming side mirrors... that stuff gets annoying!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was just thinking it'd be more convienient to have that feature. i think it says in the manual not to scrape the mirrors though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
it might look kinda stupid when ur doin this and while it's not snowing.. but you could cover the mirrors up with some plastic bags if ur really annoyed with the ice. i haven't covered my mirrors yet, but i've been doin the same with my windsheild and rear windsheild.. save a good amount of time in the morning.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Seashorephoto@Dec 14 2005, 02:36 PM
well i believe that the mirror tech. is they fill a chamber in the mirror with a type of oil then heat the oil to heat the mirror
No they have a copper wire grid on the back of the mirror and they apply 12vdc to heat the mirror. I have a dead Supra mirror - they have this technology.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.