Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Since the headlights have an auto-off feature, do any of you just leave them on and pretend they're day-time running lamps?

2. Would it be possible to change the lights in the dash? Amber makes me angry. I was thinking that a blue or perhaps a fuschia would be more soothing...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
1. No, I hate daytime running lights and was thrilled to not have them anymore when I got my tC.

2. Yes, it can be done, but it is not that easy to get at the LEDs. Be careful not to break anything back there like I did.

·
Registered
427 Posts
1) I generally just leave them on. If there's even a slight chance that someone can see me more easily, its worth it.

2) I know of at least one person that has replaced the LED's in his instrument cluster with blue LED's. It looked more complex than I care to do myself, but it did look really nice.

·
Registered
223 Posts
!) The lights turn off by themselves? Really? No one has told me that.

2) I like the amber colored leds. Its very soothing...

late

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by OBEYgiant@Feb 2 2005, 07:35 PM
2. Would it be possible to change the lights in the dash? Amber makes me angry. I was thinking that a blue or perhaps a fuschia would be more soothing...
FYI, red is the best color for dash lights because you need to illuminate the dash at night, and red light affects your night vision least (aircraft instruments are illuminated with red lights for this reason). Blue is worst. So if the goal is blinding yourself at night, rock on with the blue.

FWIW, I've noticed a lot of people just crank up the dash lights as high as they go. I've always adjusted mine to the lowest level I can still see to minimize their interference with my night vision.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love daytime running lights. They can save your butt!!!!!
I don't hate the orange enough to change it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.