Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice or deal with this? My headlights, when projected on a wall or the back of a car in front of me, are not level. I don't mean up and down, but they're tilted. The top of the image of each light is straight, but not level. The left light is tilted about 10 degrees counter-clockwise, and the right one is tilted about 3-5 degrees the same way.

I have the stock light casings and Silverstar bulbs, however it did the same thing with the stock bulbs.

Is there anyway to spin the round reflector inside the casing? I think that might fix it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i think i may have the same issue - i havent looked into this yet, when i do i will post my results here.

·
Registered
576 Posts
It's intentional.

Think about it. Projected on the garage door, which way are the lights cuttoff angled slightly away from? And which light is higher than the other?

The drivers light is rotated slightly counterclockwise, and aimed a minute ammount lower than the right passengers headlight. It is set like this so that you do not blind the guy driving down the road late at night toward you. The passengers light is aimed a little higher because in the USA, people drive toward you from the left side, not the "right". The passenger light is rotated as well, again, trying to limit the amount of light/chances that your going to blind the guy driving toward you.

Which is all well and good, but. I've noticed in the tC that i get flashed at all the time, people always think I have my highbeams on when I don't. So maybe Scion didn't calculate the angels/offset exactly right.

Like my paint skills? Lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.