Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to take apart the whole headlight housing. ive read about people doing it by putting the whole thing in the oven to get the glue softened. well i didnt want to do it and have something go wrong so i went to a junk yard and took a headlight off a neon. put the thing in the oven and the freakin plastic melted before the glue could even budge. i know they are two different cars and neons are cheap as hell, but the basic concept is the same no? i want to know if this is the only way to take apart the headlights. i am desperate for an answer. i came up on some angel eyes and i need to install them before the dude that gave them to me changes his mind.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by fivespeedtc@Aug 24 2005, 07:31 PM
i need to take apart the whole headlight housing. ive read about people doing it by putting the whole thing in the oven to get the glue softened. well i didnt want to do it and have something go wrong so i went to a junk yard and took a headlight off a neon. put the thing in the oven and the freakin plastic melted before the glue could even budge. i know they are two different cars and neons are cheap as hell, but the basic concept is the same no? i want to know if this is the only way to take apart the headlights. i am desperate for an answer. i came up on some angel eyes and i need to install them before the dude that gave them to me changes his mind.
It's not a freakin' pot roast! You only need about 160 degrees to soften it up. Set the temperature to the minimum and keep an eye on it. It only takes about 5 minutes @ 160 degrees.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol sounds good. i did 300 for 10 min on the neon headlight. but the thing is, the knob for the oven is unreadeable so it may have been 300 or it may have been 500. i gotta borrow an oven. but thanks that sounds good. ill do that

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
300..... 500...... why not try 1000 for about a second

J/K!!! Please don't try it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.