Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

just reached 1000 miles and I was washin my car when i noticed the left headlight was fogged out due to moisture getting in there somehow. The dealer will prob fix it for free right?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Uh, did it go away?

Sometimes, when I wash my tC, the right one gets a little foggy. It goes away pretty soon. As best I can tell, the interior is spotless. Given that one has to insert bulbs in it, I really can't see it as being waterproof, or should I say moistureproof.

FWIW, I've not seen the same in a heavy rain.

Is yours that severe that it is an issue?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
From what I have read all over the forums is that the headlights sometimes will do that and it is nothing to worry about and it will go away, its just because there is a change in the temperature and causes them to fog so there is not worry is what I have been reading...hasn't happened to me but I wouldn't worry about it if it did.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by delgro$$o@Apr 9 2005, 11:03 PM

just reached 1000 miles and I was washin my car when i noticed the left headlight was fogged out due to moisture getting in there somehow. The dealer will prob fix it for free right?
you're not alone.. mine was fogging up around the turn signal area on the driver's side headlight.. dealer also told me it was no big deal.. but it didn't go away. Actually got worse, dealer replaced it and no more problems. Seems that some coming from the supplier weren't sealed properly. have the dealer get you another, it's what warranty is for

·
Registered
675 Posts
well that's up to you or to anyone to report the headlight moisture problem.. seems that the supplier had some issues, as not all have this problem.. some do, some don't.. I didn't care for it fogging up the turn signal and then spreading to the headlight area.. so i had it replaced.. And I gave it about a month to clear up, never did.. So it was more than just a little moisture to evaporate.. but it's up to each tC owner to report it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.