Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if there was anything out there used to protect the plastic of the headlight covers.... looking at other cars on the street, it seems everyones headlight covers are oxidized and yellow... im all into prevention over fixing... so if theres somethign out there... i'd like to get it... i already have a small crack in one of them from a rock

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i'll take the one month silence as "we dont know of any"

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Park the car out of the sun and never drive it. That will slow it to the least amount of damage over time. Of course it means the car is pretty useless, but you save your headlight housings.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's always that.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I wax my headlights everytime I wax my car.. it keeps them looking crystal clear and also helps keep bugs, rock chips, and things like that from happening. All plastic dulls over time, there is nothing you can do about it. I guess you could try a clear vinyl layer over it, although I'm not sure that would help all that much because alot of times it occurs from inside the housing also. Try waxing them though, it really makes a difference

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.