Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys i need your help i just put my alphawerks headers yesterday, i also got da anti-fouler, i tested da car and checked if da little light had turned on or not and it didnt, so i was happy, but today when i took it out again da cel light was on and i was like wat da hell, wat can i do, can i just take da anti fouler of and try it out again, will something happen if i drive da car wit da light on or not, help me guys, wat can i do? thanx in advance

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
reset the ecu... unhook the battery... wait a few mins... 10 or so... then rehook the battery

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yea mine did the same thing! about 5 times though!, every time i visit my girlfriend ( 40 min highway trip) it was comming back on, i dont know why! I think The ecu just has to get used to it. So yea, unhook the battary for 10 mins then let the car idle for about 10 mins, you should be all set!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
read the code first - it might not be the one that's fixed by the antifouler - it can be a screwed up sensor itself. a lot of people damaged theirs on install.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Did anybody actually read the service manual or is this 10 minute thing just guessing? BTW, disconnecting the battery jacks up everything. You can reset the ECM by pulling two fuses in the fuse box for one minute.

Page 5-45 FSM Volume One - Clear DTC (Without using a hand-held tester or OBDII scan tool)
(a) Perform either of the two following operations.
(1) Disconnect the negative battery cable for more than one minute.
(2) Remove the EFI and ETCS fuses from the Relay Block (R/B) located inside the engine compartment for more than 1 minute.

Pulling the fuses means not losing your windows, sunroof, and trip meters, or resetting any of the other custom features you've changed (like the seat belt reminder - I HATE that thing).

·
Registered
847 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Sep 7 2005, 01:05 AM
(like the seat belt reminder - I HATE that thing).
what seat-belt reminder thing?
does it allow you to change the time that it beeps at you when you turn the car on? or something else?

IMO, i would rather buy a header that has the bung for the O2 sensor on it already or get someone to weld it on... no use in using an anti-fouler unless i want to give the dealer proof that i voided the warranty knowingly (it would probably be easier to convince them that a header w/ O2 bung or one welded on correctly wouldnt void the warranty since all sensors are in the right place and are working properly)

·
Registered
508 Posts
the headers do have a bung in them for the sensor. the reason the cel comes on is bc you are removing one of the catalytic convertors. that is what is throwing the code. my gf put a header on her car and the engine code was showing that the sensor wasn't reading the exhaust temp. correctly bc the convertor wasn't there to heat up enough for the sensor to read correctly.the only thing i'm aware of is that by running it with the check engine light on due to the O2 sensor, it will make the car run rich. killing your gas mileage enough to notice. atleast thats whats its doing on her car.

is our country so far gone now that they have to say da instead of the. is it so hard to talk normal and not make everyone else feel like they are talking to a 2 year old.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by josurr+Dec 7 2005, 09:35 PM-->QUOTE (josurr @ Dec 7 2005, 09:35 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-lo bux racer
@Sep 7 2005, 01:05 AM
(like the seat belt reminder - I HATE that thing).
what seat-belt reminder thing?
[/b]
you can disable the seatbelt reminder. i have, and i am so glad i did.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Death to the seat belt reminder!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
hold on, you resurrected this thread from 3 months ago to bring us a public service announcement?
just because my sh!t doesnt beep at me doesnt mean i dont buckle up.

i need a seatbelt reminder like i need my head stapled to the carpet.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I started my driving career in a car with seats as supportive as a hot pat of butter. The seatbelt was the only thing keeping me in the driver's seat. So to this day, I buckle up purely out of habit-- I feel funny if the belt isn't on.

So I don't need a goddamn bing bing bing bing to tell me to do it. If I'm old enough to drive, I'm old enough to put on my own damn seatbelt. What's next? Should my toilet seat go bing bing bing bing if i forget to put it down?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
apparently we keep rare company, doc.

its like square dancing. i dont need ordered around the dance floor, i know how to do it all by myself.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Isotope@Mar 9 2006, 08:45 PM
Should my toilet seat go bing bing bing bing if i forget to put it down?
Marriage training became second nature. Sad. I mean if she needs it down - she can put it down herself. We don't mind lifting it up, do we?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I figure if you can look at all the evidence for wearing a seat belt and still say, no, I don't need to wear one, then you are probably right. In fact, I'd prefer you don't wear one so we can get YOU out of the gene pool hopefully before you breed another one just like you with the same expectation of immortality.

I have the same attitude about motorcycle helmets. If you don't want to wear one, you shouldn't have to. We don't need laws, or buzzers, or bells, or any kind of reminders to tell us we're being stupid.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.