Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
its called an O2 simulator, or an anti-fouler. one of our sponsors is offering a deal on the last of his ZPI O2 simulators. check the sponsored sales forum.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Yeah I ordered one of those last O2 sims on an impulse, thinking I might be doing a header in the future, but right now I'm looking at the Monster Motorworks one, which supposedly doesn't need an antifouler or O2 sim (taking Lance's word that 4-2-1 will provided better mid and low end than a 4-1); plus, I like the idea that the S-pipe and header are designed to go together.

-Ed

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by EddNog@Dec 29 2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah I ordered one of those last O2 sims on an impulse, thinking I might be doing a header in the future, but right now I'm looking at the Monster Motorworks one, which supposedly doesn't need an antifouler or O2 sim (taking Lance's word that 4-2-1 will provided better mid and low end than a 4-1); plus, I like the idea that the S-pipe and header are designed to go together.

-Ed
I thought Lance said the OEM headers aren't really restrictive, and that the problem's just with the pre-cat...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i'd like to hear back from you after you put it on, if you put it on. not throwing a CEL would be very cool.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Dec 29 2005, 08:07 PM
i'd like to hear back from you after you put it on, if you put it on. not throwing a CEL would be very cool.
No doubt; it'll be in the usual fashion, with photos and all, but this looks like something way down the road, not any time soon.

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by Pharoh+Dec 29 2005, 08:07 PM-->QUOTE (Pharoh @ Dec 29 2005, 08:07 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-EddNog
@Dec 29 2005, 09:04 PM

-Ed
I thought Lance said the OEM headers aren't really restrictive, and that the problem's just with the pre-cat... [/b]
Yeah but what happens to the stock header when the pre-cat is removed?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You would have to destroy the OEM header to remove the pre-cat. It isn't a pretty header by any stretch of the imagination, and I suspect it would be possible to improve upon it, but the R&D would be pretty intense. gwtc does raise a good point about the OEM piece: it's pretty much slapped together. They could have done a lot nicer job with the collector. I disagree with his assessment of the diameter. I'm pretty confident you could not change it without suffering a loss in low end power, and most OEMs build for good torque across a wide rpm range. Pretty hard to do with larger pipe diameters. Again, it would take a very strong R&D effort, but with the right length and diameter tubing and a good ceramic coating to retain the heat needed to light off the pre-cat, you could probably make considerable improvement. Of course, that header would probably cost about a grand. No market for a thousand dollar smog legal tC header.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.