Scion tC Forums banner

have any of you guys ever raced a fast car?

4K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  skeeler 
#1 ·
got bored at work and decided to jump on your site, i read all of your race stories and they are pretty weak. i was wondering if you guys have ever raced a car that wasnt slow as ####.

#3 ·
Well, most people here on the tC forum are more likely to put forth the time to tell their stories if they're proud enough to share them--ie, when they win. Sure, some people post stories whether they win, looose, or tie. But MOST people are likely to only share the good times

And if their stories are so weak, where are yours, and what do you drive?

#5 ·
Yeah, I have. I raced a Viper around an on-ramp and beat it. The driver was a *****. What's your point?

#6 ·
i drive an 05 wrx havent had a chance to race a tC yet but i have driven a lot cause i work at a dealership. they are cool cars though i like the roof

#7 ·
Originally posted by skeeler@Sep 4 2005, 04:50 PM
i drive an 05 wrx havent had a chance to race a tC yet but i have driven a lot cause i work at a dealership. they are cool cars though i like the roof
Where ya at? I'll race you.

#10 ·
i work for a dealership so i got my WRX for 100 over invoice, came out to only be 22k with a sun roof and a few other things. im in sacramento california if u guys want to race

#12 ·
i would but i'm not driving 2500 miles to sac, CA from VA but If I lived there I would race ya!

#13 ·
do you guys have weekly meets or anything like that i'd swing by to check out your cars. the sacramento wrx meets are on truxel and del paso in natomas, in the shopping center in front of jack's urban eats come check it out everyone is nice

#14 ·
I don't think there's any kind of racing on Wednesday unless you are going to Sac Raceway. Street racing is for people who want to get their cars impounded.

#16 ·
Well lets see...The WRX guy came in a little cocky and WRONG how he posted his forums...I own a stock 06 tC...but the WRX guy is ok...My friend owns an 02 wrx stock and Ive raced him from all angles...We have raced from a launch and he took me by 10 cars and we have raced from 2nd gear rolling at 40 and I went first and he still won by 10 cars and also we have raced on the highway going 60 in 3rd and he still won by 500 cars so the ones that own a tC even witd i/h/e ummm please dont waste gas by racing a wrx because I have wasted too much already and cant keep up for shizznits

#17 ·
oh for real you lost to a wrx on the highway? i thought you would actually keep up with one on the freeway b/c our cars only dyno 160+ awhp. i'm getting my car tuned tomorrow ill let you know how much awhp i had b4 my tune and after. my mods are a Helix flex catless up pipe, helix catless down pipe, borla hush catback exhaust 2.5 inches

#19 ·
Well lets see...I dont care what they dyno at...WRX's can even dyno at 0 (ZERO) hp...our tC's still lose to them from any speed...can anyone show me a vid of an almost stock tC beat a stock WRX???...i didnt think so....dont get me wrong WRX owns a lot even on the highway....I still love my tC too but its not a racing car....

#20 ·
see, and i thought this was going to be asking if anyone here had actually raced a car thats fast in that the car i was driving was fast. bummer. cause i could have answered yes to that one, too. if you search through you will find my race against a TT supra. lance can tell you how that turned out (not that i was racing him in his tt supra, but he would know). it turned out poorly for me. duh. i also took a run at an STI (that was amusing), and one at the new Z. but really, what defines "fast car"? i dont consider the tC to be fast by any means, but i dont really consider a wrx to be fast, either. faster, sure, but fast? NIMHO.

#21 ·
Oh yeah....If you drive a tC out there and u can beat a stock type R TEG w/exp driver then u can race a WRX cuz my very experienced cousin drives a type R and loses to my friends stock WRX all the time....Type R ran 14.9 et best (stock) and the WRX never ran his car

#22 ·
oh, but for the hell of it, i would be happy to put me and my tC up against you and your WRX. and i am in sacto. say when.

#23 ·
ummm I own a tC and sorry inevitablegod, um tC's still stands no chance against WRX...

#26 ·
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy@Sep 7 2005, 02:52 PM
ummm I own a tC and sorry inevitablegod, um tC's still stands no chance against WRX...
um, yeah, i know that. not only do i drive a tC, and work as a dealer, but the building two doors down houses subaru.
but i will still race someone in a wrx. and smile doing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.