Scion tC Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
^+1 even in the back seats, theres a decent amount of room.
Believe it or not, there's more room in the back seat than a Lexus IS250/350/F

·
Gynecomastia
5,925 Posts
i put my seats down and put blankets back there and me and my exboyfriend slept back there once, so it fits two people laying down comfortably :) haha
sooo.... when are you and me doing this??? :naughty:

Oh yea? Two lady friends and myself were able two squeeze in back there. :naughty:
dang dude! i can fit 4 of my lady friends back there. how BIG are your FRIENDS????? :eek:

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
I prefer to stack the people in back. If I drain the fluids I can fit at least 8. 97 if I use the wood chipper and a sieve.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The wife has 127k on her '06. Yes I can fit two bikes in the back with the seats folded down. One of them was this one:

Things to look for - most important - rear calipers stuck on their slider pins. Toyota has been having trouble with this across Scion/Toyota/Lexus and if it happens, your brakes will feel like mush. It is expensive to fix because aftermarket calipers are difficult to find and usually expensive when you do. The damage requires replacing the caliper and pin (which really sucks). It is not guaranteed, but definitely something to look for in the buying process if buying used.

It's easy to work on with the exception of the rear engine mount when doing the clutch. I'd highly recommend an engine support bar for this job. You can do it without one, but it's a lot quicker and easier with one. I've done 5 or 6 of them and done it both ways. Way easier with the bar.

The rest of the car is very low maintenance. I run just about everything I own on Mobil 1 (because it's easy to find and cheap at Wal-Mart) for 10k miles between changes with OEM filters. Works like a charm and has had zero negative impact on the car's performance or service life.

At ~120k miles you'll want to clean the throttlebody. You'll also want to change out the power steering fluid (it's usually black somewhere between 60k and 80k) before 100k. Sparkplugs are easy to change and last ~100k. Coolant is designed to last at least ~120k before the first change.

Ditch the RE92s. They're some of the worst tires I've ever driven. I've had rental cars with more grip than the RE92 in the rain.

That's about it.
I'm looking at a 2006 tc with 236 miles he says miles rolled over but that needs back struts and light bulbs
But brand new tires, brand new headlights brand new cross drilled slotted brakes with ceramic pads fresh oil change. And his title should be there soon for 1200. Would you get that I really need a car.. would you offer less it needs cleaning up and there is a moon roof. He says he doesn't want to put money into it he has other cars

·
Registered
2011 Scion tC
3 Posts
First post, hey all!!

Looking at a Scion tC 2009-2010, and thought Id get some feedback form the people who own them. Mainly looking for 2004-2007 owners with higher mileage, but of course everybody is welcome to chime in.

My main concern is reliability. I can put up with small stuff like creaks and rattles and I don't have a problem with routine maintenance (clutches, wheel bearing, engine seals, timing belts, brakes, etc), but other than that the drive train would have to be pretty reliable. I don't have the time or money to get an engine or transmission rebuilt (piston rings, valve seals, etc). Might be able to stumble through a head gasket change if there is no damage to the block, but that would be as far as I dare go.

What I'm getting at is this. How do these cars hold up after the new car honeymoon is over? How do they do at 100K-150K miles and 5-6 years old? Any specific problem areas? Any problems with the engine burning oil or the transmission?

Is the car fairly easy to work on? I've yet to test drive one or look at one in person...

How does it handle in the snow? I imagine the stock Bridgestone RE92's will have to go...

Can you fit a bike in the back with the seats folded down? No deal breaker but that would be really cool! From the pictures it looks like you might be able to...

The car will be a daily driver and will be completely stock. I'd like to keep it for at least 150K miles/10years.

Thanks for the help.

Here https://gmbbodyforum.com/engine-type you can know more information about carengine type.
Dragos
How much horsepower does a 2009 Scion tC have?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts