Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and yes, I did a search.

So, the question. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a problem? And what can I do to fix it?

I've had my car for 3 months now. With every passing month, my hatch gets harder and harder to close. In the beginning, all I had to do was pull down on the handle. Second month, it was me pulling harder down, and it sometimes not closing. Third month, I have to pull down hard, catch the license plate area, and push it down for it to close.

I could easily guess it's the shocks or whatever they are, but what do I need to do to loosen the thing up? BTW, it opens fine, same speed, no problem. It's only when I close.

TIA.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Never had a problem closing it.....opening it in the snow is the only problem I've had.

Let a whole lotta snow build up on your hatch and then try opening it to get the scraper out, lol, closing it will never seem easier

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by djhax@May 12 2005, 04:18 AM
Never had a problem closing it.....opening it in the snow is the only problem I've had.

Let a whole lotta snow build up on your hatch and then try opening it to get the scraper out, lol, closing it will never seem easier
Hmmm.....if I had enough snow on my car that it'd be hard to open the hatch, I'd probably be in the Twilight Zone.
Cant' say we get snow here in SoCal (at least not where I am, near the beach).

hehehe. Okay, glad I don't have THAT problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.