Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Everything i've read so far on the posts has been positive and everyone is enthusiastic. Personally, I can't wait to get my black cherry 5spd, but i wanted to know all the negative sides to the TC to be aware of them in the future. What roumors or facts have you heard?

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
The only thing I've heard (elsewhere) is that when you're going fast around a turn and hit a bump, you may hear some creaking around the moonroof... Apparently that's to be expected & is due to the extra support used. IMO, it's perfectly safe and I've never heard of any leak problems, so it's not really a problem... All of the extra support, there & in the doors, cause the tC to weigh more, but it's all for safety, so I won't complain

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have had a weird creaking noise coming from the roof when going side ways around a hairpin turn at 100. Nooo j/k
I do have that noise when going over road humps, spead bumps or uneven drive way enrtences at an angle. but oh well. I couldnt hear my self think in my old car.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yep, i get the same noise from my roof. nothing to worry about.

hmm - negatives? okay, here's one i have noticed. there is a lag in acceleration when moving from second to third gears. it is minor, and isnt overly noticeable.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jul 8 2004, 06:45 PM
yep, i get the same noise from my roof. nothing to worry about.

hmm - negatives? okay, here's one i have noticed. there is a lag in acceleration when moving from second to third gears. it is minor, and isnt overly noticeable.
Yes. I have noticed that. Also with my AC running i get some major lag and eratic throttle responce.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mine's on order so my comments are from a test drive.

CONS: flimsy moonroof covers & cover for stereo (the good part-at least it has a cover!),
too far a reach for the seat belt

·
Registered
167 Posts
in some other forum somewhere... i've read two people complaining about the rear exterior of the car after they've bought it... they said it looks cartoonish in personal than in pictures... soi took a good look at my wallpaper and i thought that maybe because it was kinda small... but i saw one in a dealership and i never noticed it... this doesn't bother me though... all i know that the car is perfectly designed for my taste... and it still gettin' me hot... can't wait for mine... damn this dealerships...

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
i agree, moonroof covers are actually kinda cool, will wear better then the stupid headliner stuff im used to on most moonroofs

·
Registered
999 Posts
Poor gas mileage? 22 for Manual, 23 for auto. It's better than the Tiburon, but behind the RSX.

Why is that the Manual has is a mile lower than the auto. Manuals are notorious for better mileage. Manual's are also a bit lighter compared to auto's.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by SilverX@Jul 11 2004, 01:35 PM
Why is that the Manual has is a mile lower than the auto. Manuals are notorious for better mileage. Manual's are also a bit lighter compared to auto's.
technology has once again surpassed humanity. ECT-I 4 speed slushboxes now shift more efficiently than us humans. well, says them.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Originally posted by JackerCrack@Jul 11 2004, 01:04 AM
about the sunroof... don't mind those... maybe it's just your imagination...
Definitely not my imagination. It actually had a rattle do day and the pop is more noticable. I can deal though. The car is super sweet.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Speaking of the roof noise...I haven't gotten mine yet, so I can't say anything about it...but it WAS a topic for my Yahoo Scion group.

Most of the posts sounded like this:

"Does anyone else with a TC have a cracking sound when running over
small bumps in the road and or pulling into drive way? Everytime I
even go over a small hill or bump my panoramic roof makes a
cracking / popping sound. I have had the car for two weeks now and
it has always done it. Anyone else having this issue?"

And here's one person's fix for it:

"Yes there is a screw that holds the aluminum to the steel roof. The aluminum "pops" as it flexs around the screw. Run it by the dealership. Small rubber gromet corrects it with out issue. Hope it helps"

Anyone know anything about this? (ie: whether or not that's the case and, if so, if the dealership can add a "gromet"? Hehe.)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hum. thats a thought. I'll call my local dealer and see if they are aware of it. Thanks for the insite.

·
Registered
44 Posts
other problems i heard were
-not enough headroom
-no trunk latch release
-not enough space in the trunk
-flimsy radio cover that will soon bound to break each time you open it more

other than that...the car is in good shape

·
Registered
502 Posts
The headroom is good enough for me, but then again I'm not Shaq. I noticed the trunk latch release (or lack of) when my dad asked me to open the trunk at the dealer. The trunk space isn't great but with the seats being able to fold down you can create space pretty easily. I think these problems are pretty minor when you look at the car's price.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I read a post in another forum that mentioned the trunk release...

The guy said that there was a pressure release system so that if your doors were unlocked you could lift up on the hatch to get into the trunk.

I'll copy and paste the post here, if you want me to...just let me know.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts