Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I have; here's the page with pics of the lights on my car before he shipped them to me.

He doesn't carry HID parts, per say; he gets whichever ones you choose and retrofits them to headlamps for your car. If you click my sig you'll get plenty of pictures.

-Ed

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
What'd you have to do, Ed? Send him your lights? How much did that run?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by krdshrk@Nov 23 2005, 07:07 AM
What'd you have to do, Ed? Send him your lights? How much did that run?
My car's a daily driver, so sending him my original lights was out of the question. I bought an extra pair of headlamps from my dealer (they're surprisingly affordable) and sent them to him; all told (lights+parts+labor+shipping) everything came out to $1,100 before installation. Installation is something you either attempt for yourself (involves taking off the bumper and mounting the ballast component(s) some place) or pay somebody to do it. The way he does it makes it much simpler, since there's no wire splicing necessary, but you really must find a secure method to mount the ballast parts, or risk them coming out and a light going out (which happened to me; the jerk who installed them for me just left the igniters and AC/DC converters just floating around loose!).

-Ed

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Too pricey for me... Someone's just gotta come out with some good Projector headlights.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by phungy@Nov 23 2005, 12:22 PM
Ed, do you think the retrofits were worth $1400?
Why is it $1400? Are you assuming $300 for install?

I do believe they're worth the $1100, particularly if you get him to do the highbeams with 4" halos instead of like mine where he used 5" halos.

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by phungy@Nov 23 2005, 01:41 PM
How much is installation? $100? $1200 total?

EDIT:
Awesome he used your car on his site!
I am not sure; the guy who did the headlights for me also did the upper and lower grille with the lights, all at once, and it came out to like $280. He did a great job on the grilles, managing to do it without keeping the stock piece behind it (Grille Craft's instructions indicate to keep the stock piece back there, but it looks odd). He didn't properly secure my ballast components though, so I ended up having to pay another shop to fix it when it came loose.

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by phungy@Nov 23 2005, 07:40 PM
So you got it from Grill Craft, is it still the same price? ~$250 for both?
NAMotorSports has a sale on them right now. I am not sure how much it is, but I recall the regular price at it was being lower than buying them straight from Grille Craft.

-Ed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.