Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard on another board that a dealer was telling a customer that next year Scion is floating the idea of a hardtop (no sunroof) version of the tC.. interesting..

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Aug 11 2004, 06:27 PM
Maybe they should think about allowing the back windows to pop open ... like they do on some hatchback cars..
I like that idea! But, I also like the idea of a hard top tC. I'm 6'5" tall, and the sunroof does cut down on head room. I fit fine, but a little more room would be nice. But I also agree that the full glass roof is part of tC's chart and appeal.

·
Registered
409 Posts
i think the idea, behind a hard top roof rather than a glass top that would appeal to a lot of others is the reduced weight? but then again the glass roof is what defines the character of a tC sooo... i 0n0, the roof is growing on me =)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by FrostbytetC+Aug 11 2004, 07:44 PM-->QUOTE (FrostbytetC @ Aug 11 2004, 07:44 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-imasaf
@Aug 11 2004, 06:27 PM
Maybe they should think about allowing the back windows to pop open ... like they do on some hatchback cars..
I like that idea! But, I also like the idea of a hard top tC. I'm 6'5" tall, and the sunroof does cut down on head room. I fit fine, but a little more room would be nice. But I also agree that the full glass roof is part of tC's chart and appeal. [/b]
What about allowing the moon roof to pop open too???

·
Registered
70 Posts
convertible would be hotter

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by phammerz@Aug 12 2004, 07:30 AM
i think the idea, behind a hard top roof rather than a glass top that would appeal to a lot of others is the reduced weight? but then again the glass roof is what defines the character of a tC sooo... i 0n0, the roof is growing on me =)
Werd.

·
Registered
77 Posts
rocketpants Posted on Aug 12 2004, 11:31 AM
convertible would be hotter

Yes it would but what would be even sexier is a HArdtop Convertible. Freaking like the Mercedes SL500 SL55 AMG SL600 SL65 AMG

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I love my tC's roof.
Could be a little higher (my head scrapes the ceiling), but I still love it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Aug 18 2004, 08:53 AM
I love my tC's roof.
Could be a little higher (my head scrapes the ceiling), but I still love it.
check to make sure your seat is properly installed. Unless youre about 7ft tall, you should be in no way scraping your head. Sometimes dealers take seats out to scotchguard etc.....and do not install them properly......just a thought. - T

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I'm 6'5" and my head does not come even close to the roof. Make sure your seat is at its lowest point. I'm not sure how I feel about the heard top tC. Granted, it would definitely make it lighter, but as IMASAF said, with the glass roof would go some of the tC's appeal.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Aug 18 2004, 11:11 PM
I'm 6'5" and my head does not come even close to the roof. Make sure your seat is at its lowest point. I'm not sure how I feel about the heard top tC. Granted, it would definitely make it lighter, but as IMASAF said, with the glass roof would go some of the tC's appeal.
Wow.. dude you are freaking tall... hahahah... you're like more than a feet taller than me... lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Having a hardtop would make it look like any ordinary car such as the Ion. I think by keeping the glass top would keep this car unique and desireable. Nothing wrong with a hard top but, it would make the car like anyother car out there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah my dealer just confirmed 2006 TC WILL NOT HAVE GLASS TOP.
they want to lighten up the car.
roof alone weighs over 300lbs.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts