Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, well i was cruisin around town today and it was very hot so i finally used the ac the first time. the thing i noticed though was that the tranny was shifting much harder than before. i have a 5 speed and everytime i shifted into gear, it would lag and then shift in quite hard. is it just me having to adjust or is it something wrong. anyone else try this and have the same problem?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've been using the AC on the warm days since early February, and I don't have any trouble shifting. If feels the exact same.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Guam is always hot. No probs for me either.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
No joke. The all time record low for Guam is 54 degrees in 1936. That's not very cold.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Rub it in rub it in...its freakin cold here in cincinnati. Although we had some nice weather the past few days in the 70's and now they are talking snow showers for tonight. BOO!

No problem with a/c while shifting, I got my tC in Aug so I didnt get a chance to use it much before winter rolled around.
Sounds like you may have an isolated issue? Better make an appt with Scion, its covered unter the warranty. Better get it checked before it does anything worst.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YES!! FINALLY SOMEONE. haha sorry zes but i was getting really disappointed thinking i was the only one. yea, when the a/c is on, i have to shift differently to make it smooth. i mean, i notice that on every car you lose a lil power with the a/c on but i didnt know it would affect the way the transmission shifted.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Just not enough power in 2.4 liters. I can't even tell when the a/c is running in the Supra. It was the first car I owned like that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I dont use the AC much but haven't experinced any problems. I loves going windows!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I haven't ever had my ac on at full blast. Maybe if I did, I would feel it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Originally posted by airswipes@Apr 2 2005, 12:24 AM
YES!! FINALLY SOMEONE. haha sorry zes but i was getting really disappointed thinking i was the only one. yea, when the a/c is on, i have to shift differently to make it smooth. i mean, i notice that on every car you lose a lil power with the a/c on but i didnt know it would affect the way the transmission shifted.
It seems to me as if the engine slows down quicker with the a/c on. I have no idea is that's a rational thing, as I don't really know how accessories connect and are driven, but I feel I have to drop my clutch more quickly (ie less of a pause than normal) when the a/c is on. Took me awhile for it to dawn on me, as that wasn't something I thought the a/c would affect *shrug*

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Autos accelerate slower when the A/C is on...would this be different with manuals? I can't see why.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Everything accelerates slower with an accessory turned on. Especially a/c; it takes significant hp to run a/c.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.