Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out the Eclipse model #AVX2494 which is a 2 din head unit with a touch video screen AND a 20 GB hard drive to record music. The cool thing about the Eclipse unit is that you can record from CD or the radio, kinda like Tivo. You can even record a sound after it has already started. Check out the full details at their web site, it's pretty cool.
http://www.eclipse-web.com/products/avx/avx2494.htm

The down side is the cost of about $2700-3000 to have it installed. Does any one know of a add on hard drive that can record in your car from CD and radio? I know of a couple units (like Neo Car JukeBox or Kenwood Music Keg) that let you down load music from your computer, but that takes a lot of work and is a real pain in the butt if you want to add music. The sweet thing about the Eclipse is it records while you listen with the touch of one button.

I'd love to add a hard drive to the Pioneer Stereo, it could hook up to the same connectors used by the optional CD changer.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Wow, great technology! I became weary of music downloads a couple months back.........the government is closer to you than you think. The 6-disc is great for me, right now!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not impossible to connect hard drive to head unit. You can do it with the Neo or the Keg, but you have to down load the music from your computer. Music can't be recorded from the car radio or car CD except with the Eclipse unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts