Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I know what i am writing now shouldn't be here but i usually check here and i tought this would be ok place do write my little story and ask some questions maybe..

the other day i was going on the highway it was a dry night after i got off work i was going about 55. While i was driving i saw a dead animal on the road so i had to break and turn the steering wheel but as soon as i did that, the car started spinning around like in Mission Impossible remember that with that cute girl and tom cruise, so i was like is it my tires? or what i know the handling is not very good on this car, what should i do? oh i also messed up my right passenger door and the tired

please advice...

thanks

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Traction circle - when the balance between the amount of brakes and amount of steering is broken - tires lose traction. Happens on any vehicle. Sorry it happened to you. I would recommend taking your (fixed) tC autox-ing couple of times to learn the limits of the car.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
It also depends on how quickly you turned and how hard you hit the brakes. Not that I've tried it, but I would imagine a quick swerve and hard braking at speed could toss you around rather easily.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Jan 3 2005, 05:55 PM
It also depends on how quickly you turned and how hard you hit the brakes. Not that I've tried it, but I would imagine a quick swerve and hard braking at speed could toss you around rather easily.
And what did I just say above?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
In theory, the ABS is supposed to save you from this. You're supposed to be able to "stomp and steer." However, as you discovered, theory and practice are two different animals. I'm still not comfortable with the electronic brake force distribution. I'm used to fixed proportioning, EBFD just feels wierd. It might also be the less than stellar OEM tires.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Yeah, ABS "stomp and steer" would probably be ok if you are going below 45 - at least it worked fine for me on a course - but it was a stock Audi A4
Maybe on some smarter cars it will work at higher speeds. Looks like it does not work on a stock tC

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The early model Supras do stomp and steer at ridiculous speeds, but they cost a grip compared the tC.

·
Registered
658 Posts
next time u see an animal on the road just go throu. If you are asking me it's not worth dying or braking your whole car.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by ScionGTR@Jan 4 2005, 02:49 PM
next time u see an animal on the road just go throu. If you are asking me it's not worth dying or braking your whole car.
What if it's a rhino?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
now thats just ridiculous. a rhino in missouri? more giraffe's there than anything else, really. and when they are standing on the road, you can just drive under them.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jan 4 2005, 03:07 PM
... and when they are standing on the road, you can just drive under them.
What if they are not standing sideways?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz+Jan 4 2005, 03:09 PM-->QUOTE (zoltiz @ Jan 4 2005, 03:09 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-inevitablegod
@Jan 4 2005, 03:07 PM
... and when they are standing on the road, you can just drive under them.
What if they are not standing sideways?[/b]
Have all not installed Turbo Boost yet? Get with it and these are not problems for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i know, i agree with you guys, however scion's handling is pretty bad compared to other cars that i drove during the rain or speeding etc. What if I have a that chicks bar or lowering springs, wouldnt that make it better maybe?

erinc

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Springs, rear sway bar, auto-x practice, maybe better tires

·
Registered
658 Posts
I agree with basilisk4 i don't think there is anything wrong with the tc's handling. I would say either it's the driver or the just a bad luck or I just might be wrong, but from what i have seen and drove the tc's handling is not so bad as you guys are saying, then i again i might be wrong.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.