Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran through a short hail storm in the northern Atlanta 'burbs. Very odd. I thought is was loud in a car with a whole metal roof. Wait til you hear those [email protected] banging off the all glass roof!

There were no underpasses to hide where I was at, so I did the only thing I could think of -- accelerate! Now that made the pinging rather special!

I checked the car after getting to the airport parking deck and there appeared to be no damage.

Just thought I would share my experience.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Not fun at all but glad there was no damage. My dad had his '82 Volvo 240 DL pounded at an amusement park in the 80's when we lived in Denver.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I heard it was hailing today up north. All we got here in the east is some freaky thunders. No flashes - just loud as hell thunder.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I don't know if it was hailing here, but when it started storming really badly I was glad to have my tC parked in a garage.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by MustangJolly@Dec 5 2005, 05:07 PM
thank goodness for my car cover!!! lol although it gets annoying putting the cover every night.. it compensates for me just having a car port.. and not a garage.
I used a CC last year before my garage became more tC friendly this year. The cover was very important as a 150' oak tree would drop acorns, which would believe it or not, would dent the car. The CC is your friend.

AAR, I had no choice as I was driving to the ever fabulous, always on time, Hartsfield Airport (I refuse to acknowledge its newer name). Were I have stopped to have put on the CC, I would have had a big head ache! Oh well, I will see the car in full light this Friday, but it seemed like there was no damage.

Cheers from chilly Maryland!!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. It got pretty chilly here, too -- my thermometer was showing 34 degrees by the time I got home a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
*shiver* I'm not sure I have ever felt an ambient temperature below 0, and I don't have any desire to do so...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.