Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the Blockbuster near my office at lunch today to try to rent the new Splinter Cell game (out, dammit) and as I pulled up in front of the store, some crazy-looking dude was walking out with his woman and locked in on my car. I heard him say, "I didn't know Scion made a car," and then walked over to my door to wait for me to get out. I opened the door and he was telling me how much he liked the car and he just wanted to take a look at it. I got out and let him stick his head in there to look around, and he called his chickie over to check out the panoramic roof, which he thought was the bee's knees.

He went on and on about how much he liked the car, was amazed at how low the base price was, and asked where he should look if he wanted to get one. This is the first car I've ever had that's generated this sort of reaction (though I did get lots of comments about the del Sol back when I still had that, but nothing like this).

·
Registered
205 Posts
When I was considering buying a Scion, a wise lady said, get ready for a lifestyle change. Now I know what she meant. Everybody is interested in my new car.
Just the other day, a Postal employee came out of the 7/11 next to me, spied my car, and had to know all about it. When I finished showing him every good thing about it, I said, Now, how much do you think this car costs? He said, About $30,000. I loved it!
I think he might go buy one.
I did get put down a bit, though, last week. I came home and found one of my daughter's friends was visiting...in his Viper. I said, Wanna race?
He did have the class to say he had heard very good things about my car.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yeah I have gotten quite a few complements on my scion. A ton of people were amazed at the paint job on it and how well I kept it clean even though it just rained a hour ago...anyhow I love the complements and the looks that I get when I am driving and when I am not, its so fun to drive that car!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by easyrider@Apr 7 2005, 10:55 AM
I did get put down a bit, though, last week. I came home and found one of my daughter's friends was visiting...in his Viper. I said, Wanna race?
He did have the class to say he had heard very good things about my car.
You should have challenged him to a 300 mile drive. His feet will be literally on fire after 300 continous miles in that thing, and his chiropractor will be loving him for weeks to come. Those cars are UNcomfortable for a long drive.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Originally posted by goldenchild@Apr 7 2005, 01:00 PM
Yeah I have gotten quite a few complements on my scion. A ton of people were amazed at the paint job on it and how well I kept it clean even though it just rained a hour ago...anyhow I love the complements and the looks that I get when I am driving and when I am not, its so fun to drive that car!
Guaranteed the nicest car in Wicheeta, Golden. LoL. But at least you're not in Salina...it might get stolen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.