Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys I have a few questions for you all. If you could all respond with as much information as possible, I would greatly appreciate it. Okay, well first of all I am a beginner at all of this suspension stuff so please bare with me. It has been about 4 months now since I've purchased my silver automatic TC, and I have decided that I want to lower my car. I have heard that the TEIN Springs are pretty good for their performance, so I'm considering between the S-TECH and H-TECH springs. However, my dilemma comes in choosing between the two. As far as I know, the S-TECH Springs drop a lot more than the H-TECH springs. However, what I do not know is the disadvantages and advantages between the S-TECH and H-TECH springs. Could someone please clarify this point to me?

Also, I was not really planning on getting any Shocks or Coilovers because I initially intended to just simply lower my car. But that's not it, if I'm going to buy some springs I'd like them to have some decent performance, so I chose the TEINS. But will getting the springs ALONE cause harm to my suspension? I've heard that getting these springs without the shocks can wear them out a lot, but since the H-TECH springs don't drop as much as the S-TECH, this might be better for me right?

So yeah, what do you guys think? Should I get the S-TECH or H-TECH springs considering that I am willing to compromise the ride quality, because I am a little more interested in the performance. But also, I am not really planning on getting shocks, but if you guys have any suggestions for some shocks please let me know! So far I've found the TEIN springs for under 140$ If anyone knows where I can get a good deal too please feel free to link me thanks!

If anyone has any pics of their H-TECH springs on their TC - please send them thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
There are a good amount of posts about both types of springs. I recently ordered the H-Tech but have not got them in the mail yet. I picked the H-Tech because the S-Tech is way to low.

I live in the DC Metro area and we do get snow around here every now and then, so I want to be able to still drive the car around some and now just be plowing the roads. I also don't want to have to worry about speed bumps as much as I would be with the S-Tech's.

My suggestion to you would be to use the search and look for post with S-Tech and H-Tech. You will find a good amount of posts about both types of springs and pictures that may help you decide on what one you like more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.