Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't say it was a piece of cake, but not rocket science either. Wanted to use my dremel for something and came up with this project. Bought a gutter guard from HD for $1.27 and tried to make the best out of it.

Thinking about painting the grill black, but need to figure out how to prevent it paint from chipping.

Start of the Gutterguard Project:

Finish:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
576 Posts
eh... looks ok, would look much better black... but dont you ever admit to the fact that it's gutterguard... thats the ultimate "ricer" mod. :)

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by OliverThomas@May 1 2005, 09:49 PM
eh... looks ok, would look much better black...
Click the link in my second post...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I think that if you did it all around like underneath too and painted it black it would look better, like the bottom lip

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you guys see the painted pic?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Do the bottom grill now.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Azrael@May 2 2005, 10:34 AM
Do the bottom grill now.
I can't - I have to work now. Need to save up for this other piece of gutterguard...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
^ ...cute.

I think it looks ok, when you paint it black, it looks similar to the stock grille, except more fine. I think it will look better if you chrome the sheizer out of it. Same thing goes for the bottom grille, if you chrome both, I think it'll look tight.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'll give you $5. That way you can buy enough to do your bottom grill and two more for me. Sound like a good deal to you?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually tried to do the bottom one last night - got to the bottom grill from underneath the car, but the damn thing is not screwed to the bumper - it's either glued or has plastic studs melted to hold it down. It was dark and very uncomfortable under a jacked up car, so I'm going to stick to having the top only for now.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Ohhhhh, man that's ghetto.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I dig the update. Very nice!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is a zoomed in link at the bottom of the page - you can kinda see the texture. Gutter guard is a gutter guard.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts