Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well looks like i am taking my tC into Toyota this friday....i am getting an oil change, and my Vent replaced because it moves on it's own when the A/C is on High.....and then my sunroof....O LORDY! it's making terrible noises! only on tilt and when it's closed!!! when it's on tilt i swear it sounds like it's going to fall off, when it's fully open the noise goes away, now for some reason when it's closed you hear this rattle of death! So i made an appointment, told the service guy HEY I NEED TO GET THE TSB PERFORMED AGAIN...he was like WHAT! he said we'll talk about that when you get in...i said OK! so we'll see.

I hope this isnt going to be an ongoing thing having to take my tC to the shop for the same thing everytime. Hopefully they come out with a permanent fix or something, this is Sunroof Repair #2 for me.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I had the same problems with my 05 and every time I went to the dealer I could not make the rattles reproduce it was crazy but I hope that you get everything figured out ok

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by goldenchild@Aug 17 2005, 08:45 AM
I had the same problems with my 05 and every time I went to the dealer I could not make the rattles reproduce it was crazy but I hope that you get everything figured out ok
I hope they make noise when i go in HA! i also forgot to mention that when i close it..it makes this wierd like rattle noise like it's off track or something it's wierd..that noise is made all the time.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My roof just started the rattle a few days ago at about 8,300 miles, I'm going in tomarrow to have it looked at. My dealership's service dept. is real smooth and seems to be 10 steps ahead of every problem I bring them, hopefully they'll know how to curb this rattle

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Wobbit, you may want to avoid telling them to do the TSB and simply tell them that it's rattling again... The problem may be outside the scope of the TSB, so if you tell them to do that, that may be the only thing they do instead of investigating the actual source of the rattle...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Eric@Aug 17 2005, 09:36 AM
Wobbit, you may want to avoid telling them to do the TSB and simply tell them that it's rattling again... The problem may be outside the scope of the TSB, so if you tell them to do that, that may be the only thing they do instead of investigating the actual source of the rattle...
Good point..thanks! i will just mentiont to them when i go what's going on.

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
No rattles at all i got 1,138 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I noticed something rattling in the back of my car,but i think it is the plastic from the "luggage cover thingy".

Now if you have too many issues start giving the car the 'Louisville Treatment'...see pic for explanation

·
Registered
256 Posts
Put some grease on the hinges for the sunroof wind deflector. After doing the TSB and it not helping at all, I did that at it instantly solved the problem.

Oh, and you're taking it in because the vents move when it's on high? Mine does that too... I didn't think it warrants a replacement. I would really like to know more about this when you get it back from the shop and whether or not they were able to fix it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by alanthing@Aug 18 2005, 01:34 PM
Put some grease on the hinges for the sunroof wind deflector. After doing the TSB and it not helping at all, I did that at it instantly solved the problem.

Oh, and you're taking it in because the vents move when it's on high? Mine does that too... I didn't think it warrants a replacement. I would really like to know more about this when you get it back from the shop and whether or not they were able to fix it.
hey alan.. what grease did you use and which area did you grease up? let me know.. my sunroof makes noise when closed, a rattle..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Originally posted by EddieMoney@Aug 18 2005, 10:34 AM
I noticed something rattling in the back of my car,but i think it is the plastic from the "luggage cover thingy".

Now if you have too many issues start giving the car the 'Louisville Treatment'...see pic for explanation

How are you going to give the louisville treatment with a rawlings?

maaan get it right

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by alanthing@Aug 18 2005, 10:34 AM

Yeah it's warrantied. They already ordered the part..and it's getting installed tomorrow. I will let you know if that solves the problem, or if it's still there after they are done with it. Sad thing is i just recently noticed from a passenger of mine that the passenger side moves as well. CRAP!
now i gotta tell them for that one too.

I will let you know what happens when i pick it up.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by prehensile@Aug 18 2005, 10:27 PM
that vent sucks! Are they addressing that?
Yeah they are addressing it. They already have the drivers side vent their at the shop for me. They are going to install it today, but now i have to tell them about the passenger one. The funny thing was, when i first took it in they said they couldnt replicate the problem...so when i went to pick it up i made the manager drive with me..and of course 2 seconds later the vent moved...he felt a bit silly and was like O OK, beacuse he said his guys couldnt get it to move...BS THEY PROBABLY NEVER DROVE IT HA!

Anyways i will keep ya'll posted.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by y_ankee21@Aug 19 2005, 08:14 AM
My vent does that too!!! Let us know....
Well he just now called me. My car is done YAY!
He said the VENT problem is now fixed...i will have to see for myself of course. He said he will try to address my Sunroof Problem, he said he didnt hear any noise coming from it, then he said he was going to get someone to go out and drive it? Go figure that's why he couldnt hear anything NO ONE DROVE IT HA! anyways going to pick it up...in like 2 hours. I will turn A/C on high on my way back and test the vent.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK ALL PERFECT NOW! no more rattlse...they rotated and put air in my tires..i must have been low! the car rides so much better now HA!! as for the vent..ITS PERFECT! i can keep it on super high and IT DOESNT MOVE! i am so happy now. =o)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.