Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i have a million burned cds and i know about copyright and blah blah blah...but thats doesnt seem to not be the problem..my sis has a xA which has the same stock stero unit and when i play an mp3 cd in it..it plays fine but when i play it in mine...it goes crazy and chops up left and right..well then i try play a regular cd in my car kanye west - late registration and it works fine..and then i try any old mp3 cd and it goes crazy on my ass again. THe problem here is that i took it too toyota scion and they said that i need to prove it using a "legal" cd and not a home made mp3 cd. THey said i had to show this to prove to them that my cd player is messed up to get it replaced...and if not then it it isnt my player...um...where the $&#*&$*#(&$#$# do i get a mp3 cd filled with mp3 encoded music "legally"???
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR..

Help please...i dont know how to check to see if mp3's are playing correctly on my sound unit and if its really the unit or my songs..but i know it cant be since they work perfectly fine in my sis xA which uses the same unit....umm please help if anyone has experienced this.. so where the hell do i get a legal mp3 cd... thats a nice..oxymoron.

thankyou

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Well you could download a song off of itunes or something for $1 and try it. If that doesn't work then you could prove you bought the song and maybe they will do something for you. Sometimes the 'pop' and 'crackle' you hear in mp3s is caused by cheaply burned CDs, but if it doesn't do it in your sisters car I woudl imagine something is wrong with your radio.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I would try a cleaning CD first - the one with little bristles on it - in many cases they help. If not - try to get it to skip a regular audio CD, or do the impossible and convince the dealer that buying music on iTunes and burning it on CDs is as legal as it gets and they should be replacing the HU.

Another approach is to get the HU to stop working completely - then you don't have to prove anything - the damn thing does not work - replace it. Question is - how to do it without causing any visible damage to the unit. I actually took apart the Scion 6-CD changer unit - there were no "warranty void if removed" stickers, so if you are careful you can take it apart and put a piece of ductape over the laser
That way it won't read any CDs.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I had that problem too for a while but it seemed to go away when I hooked up my system, you might try unplugging it or resetting your car but unplugging the battery for a good 30 minutes...and let everyhting reset, mine was acting funny too, took it to the dealer they had no clue, so when I put in my system it all went away, so my guess would be to try and reset your car... just a thought or recommendation however you want to take it

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You'll lose your radio presets and might have to reset the windows, but that's about it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Make sure your downloading mp3's with 192 bit rate (at least 128 bit rate) I play mp3's I downloaded with no problems but they are high rate so they are better quality. I notice that the lower quality ones don't play as well and jump around.

·
Registered
675 Posts
mine (stock headunit) did that in the tC too.. garbled mp3 music.. one dealer gave me excuses, went to another dealer, got it replaced.. music was fine

you've already tried it out on other mp3 car decks.. so you already know it's not the cd.. it's obviously a bad headunit you have.. get it replaced and all will be well

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the advice and noted rick lol. will do next time thanks guys..just got to get the shitf necks to get the headunit replaced somehow...um...lets see...anyhow thanks for everything guys. =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.