Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have offered to change peoples LEDs in the gauges and the a/c panel for around $70. I am in need of a few hundred dollars right now and am willing to change anyones leds in the area (DC metro, Baltimore, Frederick) or if you are willing to come to me I will do anyones. Because I need the money and I actually enjoy working on cars as a hobby rather than for money I am offering that if you can come up with a group of 4 or more I will change the LEDs for $50 each car. This will not include the cost of the LEDs. I can do more than just tC's as long as the other car can provide the right type of LEDs.
I am in Frederick, MD. Maybe if a group gets together it can be a sort of get together as well as teaching you all how to do it!(just an idea)

Please let me know if you are interested. You must have a group of 4 or more for me to do it for $50. You will never see this price from any shop ever!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
man i wish i lived near DC i would so be in on this. but DC is like 8 hours away, or something like that. bummer...

·
Registered
125 Posts
let me know i'm in.. can you do blue?? have any pics? and what lights or led's do i need? and which ones do you change?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LEDs

The top five LEDs on the page are the ones you need. Pick whatever color you want and order them. I think about 30-40 should cover it but I do not remember the exact amount.

Any other takers? Just a few more and I will do it. I am thinking maybe next weekend or the one after depending on if I get any responses on this. And how long it takes people to get there LEDs in.

I don't have any pics of the gauges but I have a few pics here that may give you an idea. I think one is of my a/c panel done in blue!
Pics

·
Registered
125 Posts
cool even if you dont get any other takers cani still do it for 75?? 2 weeks from now prolly be better for me anyways cuase i dont have time atm. what do you change everything but the radio? even the gauge lights are changed? do you have aim or something hit me up on snptuningsp if you do

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you have aim or something hit me up on snptuningsp if you do[/b]
What does this mean?

As far a changing the light you have the right idea. I change everything accept the head unit. A/C panel and gauges. I am going to change the lights on my doors too(i.e. locks and window buttons).

I will change lights for $70 if I do not get enough people.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
He was asking if you use AOL Instant Messenger so you could communicate that way. snptunings is his screen name if you do use and wish to contact him.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Damn dude, wish you were closer, i'm so sick of the orange.. lol.. i wouldn't mind a light blue or somethin.. and i'd come there, but.. at 2.49-3.10 in texas for gas? i'm not sure i could get out of the state.. lol

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
How long does it take you for the entire operation (uninstall everything, do the job, reinstall everything)?

It's an over four-hour long drive from where I am in NY, according to MapQuest, and I am only available weekends.

-Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
not to dis this thread, but charging heads for LED conversion? if you live in NY, and want to take a 2 hour trip out to the east end of LI, i will do them for free (you provide the LED lights). i understand some cats cant do this themselves, but to charge 75 bucks a pop aint right. takes like an hour to do. but if you need the money, and dudes are willing to pay you for it, why not right?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
but to charge 75 bucks a pop aint right.[/b]
Well If I were a ligit shop would you be saying the same thing? I don't think you would. And if that is the case whatever business you work for just should not be charging their customers for the jobs you do! It is the same idea (minus the business liscence)just on a different scale! What I am charging is nothing compared to what most of them would be charged at another place! They do not have to get it done by me if they don't want to I cannot force them. If you are willing to do it for free them more power to you! The way I see it is that if you have a skill that not many other people have or are willing to try then why not! I plan on opening my own custom shop when I get out of the Navy so this is a great place to start!

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Originally posted by unseen@Aug 21 2005, 02:17 PM
not to dis this thread, but charging heads for LED conversion? if you live in NY, and want to take a 2 hour trip out to the east end of LI, i will do them for free (you provide the LED lights). i understand some cats cant do this themselves, but to charge 75 bucks a pop aint right. takes like an hour to do. but if you need the money, and dudes are willing to pay you for it, why not right?
i live in central islip, i might take you up on this offer. you still willing to do it?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by HaTeOnThYs05+Aug 22 2005, 06:55 PM-->QUOTE (HaTeOnThYs05 @ Aug 22 2005, 06:55 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-unseen
@Aug 21 2005, 02:17 PM
not to dis this thread, but charging heads for LED conversion?  if you live in NY, and want to take a 2 hour trip out to the east end of LI, i will do them for free (you provide the LED lights).  i understand some cats cant do this themselves, but to charge 75 bucks a pop aint right.  takes like an hour to do.  but if you need the money, and dudes are willing to pay you for it, why not right?
i live in central islip, i might take you up on this offer. you still willing to do it? [/b]
He's doing mine this Sunday!!!

-Ed

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would do this for free for anyone in the Chicago area. I do think anything under $100 is a great deal. If someone wants to charge for their time there is nothing wrong with that. I'm looking at it from a "helping out" point of view because there are a lot of things I didn't know how to do until someone helped me. I'm not offering to do this myself I will help anyone do it. Actually I would end up doing the soldiering and stuff but it would be a good learning experience for someone who is a little nervous about doing stuff by themselves. It is amazing how easy the interior comes apart in this car, but it could be a bit nerve racking for someone who just got their first new car to be ripping panels off and such.

I also wouldn't charge because I'm not gonna say your LCD wont break. Mine didn't break but if I break yours I'm not paying for a new one. I'm positive I wouldn't break one but hey ya never know. I'd feel pretty chitty if I did break someones and I was charging them.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.