Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
if by positive you mean emptying your wallet for no reason...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i took this from here.

"Bigger wires do not perform 'better.' Bigger wires can carry more current than smaller wires. As long as the wire is large enough to not be a restriction, it's big enough. Reducing the resistance a few milliohms means nothing unless you are running 20+ amps, and even then it's not a huge deal at only 14.4vdc.

An ignition coil typically draws no more than 6 amps if you connect it directly across your battery. If you connect it with 18 gauge wire or 0 gauge wire, there will be no appreciable difference in current, and there will be no appreciable difference in spark.

If the grounds in the stock cars were as bad as you claim, they would not pass emissions, they would not get decent fuel mileage, and they would not survive warranty. I'm sorry, I don't buy the hype. I can get the same result with a bottle of antiseize and an hour's work. The problem isn't wire size, it's conductivity at the junctions.

I've seen a million claims from the audio world over the years I have followed audio about wire size, conductivity, oxygen free copper, high density multistrand wiring, and a host of other things that have failed to prove any substantial gains under normal operating conditions. I've done my own tests, and proved to myself conclusively that PT Barnum is right. "

you are on the right track, investigating before you believe the hype. check out the forum for the straight sh!t on a number of the things that dont do a damn bit of good for you or your car.

and welcome to our little slice of heaven.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.