Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my tC had a flat this morning, my fiance and his friend put it on the jack to change it, well the jack BROKE and MY CAR LANDED ON THE ROTOR!!! :angry: After we got the spare on there was a grinding noise, then after they put on the new tire it was still grinding. :unsure: Any suggestions as to what it would be? The rotor doesn't seem to have any visible damage...anything suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
FLD w/ H8
3,439 Posts
Holy crap! Glad noone was under there when that happened. Might have flattened a bearing, bent the rotor, calipers could be scraping.. ect. I would tow it to a shop or take apart that entire assembly and check it all out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Vask @ Oct 3 2009, 02:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=496519
Holy crap! Glad noone was under there when that happened. Might have flattened a bearing, bent the rotor, calipers could be scraping.. ect. I would tow it to a shop or take apart that entire assembly and check it all out.[/b]

Thanks, we will look into that! Just discovered that my rocker molding is cracked! 

I'll post a pic of the car on the ground soon!

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
If there was no tampering or anything with the OEM jack... I would take it to the dealer and see what they can do for you. Dont forget the jack though.

That scares the #### out of me. I was just under my car the other day with it being supported by that thing. I could have died!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (AKtC @ Oct 3 2009, 07:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=496549
If there was no tampering or anything with the OEM jack... I would take it to the dealer and see what they can do for you. Dont forget the jack though.

That scares the #### out of me. I was just under my car the other day with it being supported by that thing. I could have died![/b]

I know what you mean! My fiance and his friend had just pulled the tire off when it fell! It was a scary thing! And that was the first time I've ever had to use my jack! Please be careful if you're ever under a car supported by a jack!

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Its the dust shield behind the rotor no big deal. Get it back up in the air and pry it back a little bit and the sound will go away. Your Welcome.

Also the Jack isnt covered under warranty and they will probably try and charge you for it. Just make a stink about it and you should get a new one for free. As for the sound its nothing at all.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
QUOTE (AKtC @ Oct 3 2009, 10:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=496549

That scares the #### out of me. I was just under my car the other day with it being supported by that thing. I could have died![/b]

NEVER get under your car with only a jack holding it up!!!!! Regardless of the type of jack. Get some jack stands! We dont want to hear about you ending up with your car on top of you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (bluesciontc @ Oct 3 2009, 07:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=496554
Its the dust shield behind the rotor no big deal. Get it back up in the air and pry it back a little bit and the sound will go away. Your Welcome.

Also the Jack isnt covered under warranty and they will probably try and charge you for it. Just make a stink about it and you should get a new one for free. As for the sound its nothing at all.[/b]

You sir, are correct! It took most of the impact so it was bent over the rotor, but some friends took a hammer to it and pushed it back off where it should be! Thanks so much! :D

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
QUOTE (tc_rockstar @ Oct 3 2009, 08:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=496560
QUOTE (bluesciontc @ Oct 3 2009, 07:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=496554

Also the Jack isnt covered under warranty and they will probably try and charge you for it. Just make a stink about it and you should get a new one for free. As for the sound its nothing at all.[/b]

You sir, are correct! It took most of the impact so it was bent over the rotor, but some friends took a hammer to it and pushed it back off where it should be! Thanks so much! :D
[/b][/quote]

No problem ;)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
QUOTE (engifineer @ Oct 3 2009, 08:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=496555
QUOTE (AKtC @ Oct 3 2009, 10:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=496549

NEVER get under your car with only a jack holding it up!!!!! Regardless of the type of jack. Get some jack stands! We dont want to hear about you ending up with your car on top of you.
[/b][/quote]

But if you have a flat tire, what other option do you have?

EDIT: On the road, that is.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
I dont think he was reffering to that. He was reffering to the guy that was actually under the car.

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
Yeah... I normally DO use jackstands. But I had to crawl under the car to grab some sh!t that got stuck up in my undercarriage. I know the consequences... but I didnt want to run back and get jack stands.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts