Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Green is a good brand, I would brobably stay away from that eBay seller, though. xB (echo) and tC have different air filters. Look for 03+ corolla/matrix filter - these fit our airbox.

·
Registered
52 Posts
um, I am skeptical of the HP ratings he is giving it....

Any comments on that?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Don't expect anything more than K&N/TRD drop-ins, it's just a regular reusable higher flowing filter - no magic involved.

I have a TRD drop-in because I can clean it - saves me cash on paper filters, plus I already had a filter leftover from my Matrix, so why not reuse it...

·
Registered
372 Posts
used the green filter in my Z3. No issues regarding it. Don't expect to get any HP increase over the K&N. It is a good, reuseable filter and when I bought it, cheaper than K&N.

Cheers!

·
Registered
299 Posts
i hate ebayers who post incorrect information.. but then again most ebayers are out to get the newbie who has the cash but not the info... always research the product before u buy on ebay.. if there is ANY conflict of information, i would say don't get it.. u might end up with a huge hassle u didn't see comin...

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Originally posted by moogoo@Oct 12 2004, 10:37 AM
i hate ebayers who post incorrect information.. but then again most ebayers are out to get the newbie who has the cash but not the info... always research the product before u buy on ebay.. if there is ANY conflict of information, i would say don't get it.. u might end up with a huge hassle u didn't see comin...
true, -sighs- i was one of those newbies once...ive learned my lesson

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just go out and get a K&N filter. It costs a little bit more, but you will never have to replace it, just clean it every 50,000 or so miles. Plus they give you a little boost in power.

·
Registered
614 Posts
what does the green color do if anything? or is it just a gimmic to distinguish themselves from everyone else?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by Ken@Oct 12 2004, 09:26 AM
It's the same price as the TRD Filter on www.trdsparks.com and the shipping is the same. At least TRD is a known brand and you are secure with Sparks.

Ken
Green filter is well known in other automotive circles. I bought mine direct.

Cheers!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Oct 12 2004, 02:50 PM
what does the green color do if anything? or is it just a gimmic to distinguish themselves from everyone else?
It is how they distinguish themselves. Just like K&N is that orange color.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by GA tC+Oct 12 2004, 05:09 PM-->QUOTE (GA tC @ Oct 12 2004, 05:09 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Kwiksilver
@Oct 12 2004, 02:50 PM
It is how they distinguish themselves. Just like K&N is that orange color.

[/b]
naw man that green or orange color gets you 10 hp at the wheels..... sheesh.

I got a K&N for my car and it kinda rocks. It cleans the air anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts