Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Greddy counter weight shift knob today. I know I have to install a short throw for the knob to meet the boot. My question is the big size difference between the knob and the mating shift boot cap (big diameter boot- small knob). Is there anyway I can make these two blend together? The short throw keeps the same boot right? So than maybe a new shift boot kit??? Sorry I can't post pictures so I hope you guys get what I'm trying to say. Just want the set up to look nice. Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whats a good short throw shifter to drop the hight of the knob. Looked at a few threads that said the TRD shifter only shortens the throws and not the actual hight where you rest your hand. Don't want to make that mistake. Want something that will do both, even though right now all I care about is the the height of the knob and the contrast between the shift bootclip and the knob.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I believe the one that will give you the shortest height right now is the TWM Stage II. I don't think any of the ones out right now come with a boot kit, so I'm not sure what you can do about the contrast between the boot ring and the knob. Maybe get another ring of a size between the two and slide it on before the knob?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I was thinking at work today. I'll probably end up drawing and turning down a simple contour out of some 347 stainless (pawn shaped) and put it in between. So TAM Stage 2... anyone have any pictures

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.