Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Awesome considering that's WITHOUT the side airbags...it's a solid little beast.

Anyone have info on the dynamic head restraints...is it the system where the seat releases when the car is impacted to 'slide' with the body? Just curious...didn't realize it had this feature...so many nice touches for the $$$....LOVE THIS DAMN CAR!! ; )

·
Registered
427 Posts
Anyone else notice that the car used in the side impact was lowered? Also of note, it looks like the top/rear glass didn't break.

·
Registered
264 Posts
hmmm, without airbags--that explains why i felt the head impact criterion was kinda high. i think they only use thoracic trauma index for the side impact star rating. they have some frightening comparisons between having side airbags and not having side airbags at the iihs.org site. i think its for the camry--the dummy's head breaks through the glass and makes a nice size dent in the barrier that's slamming into the car.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Breaking the glass with your head isn't that big a deal. I did it in my '88 GTS Corolla. I'll have to scan the pics. They're pretty cool. I took them the morning after the accident for insurance purposes. Oh, yeah, it for sure did hurt.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty+Feb 21 2005, 06:13 PM-->QUOTE (moriarty @ Feb 21 2005, 06:13 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Labfish
@Feb 20 2005, 12:15 AM
...  Impressive head.
sorry.
but.

that is a really funny thing to say.

hehe.

you said impressive head. huhu. [/b]
What the hell I couldn't resist. Left it out there. Besides...if I wouldn't have said it...one of you would have

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's a nurse joke.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.