Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of names for the license plate of my new TC. I come home from work and I see that my license plates arrived with some dumb numbers and Letters. Any suggestions of what I should do? Should I got to the DMV and Protest? or Should I keep my license plate number, since it's only one number apart from my wife's XA?

last numbers of our cars are 652 amd 653.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something, but what would you protest? Besides, be happy...I haven't even received my registration paperwork yet, and my temporary tag expires in 3 days.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of protesting because I had a really cool Idea for my license plates. I never got the opportunity to even ask for a specialized license plate. I just got the plates in the mail.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I didn't get a chance either...when I picked up my car, permanent plates were already on it...

Not sure how much it would cost if I went to try and change them before the renewal a year from now...but I might have to look into that....I've always had personalized plates and I feel weird having generic ones on there.
I can't even remember my plate number right now..which sucks...hehe...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got lucky when I got my plates, it's just three numbers, then STC. When I saw that, I said to myself, "sweet, it stands for Scion TC" Not sure if that's a coincidence, but I like it. or it could be supercharged tc. It's a sign....

·
Registered
614 Posts
just think of a cool thing to write on them and then fill out the form and send it to the dmv. it will probably take a few months to get them and you'll have to use the ones you have now in the meantime, at least that's what happens in california. i've never heard of anyone being able to create personalized plates before the dealer sent the car info to the dmv.

·
Registered
614 Posts
imasaf, if you were able to do it and they took your money i'm sure it will be ok.
you'll get them. i just never knew that you could do that, but it looks like you can.

speaking of license plates, i was never asked whether or not i wanted holes drilled into my front bumper for a front license plate. i have bought 2 cars now from different dealers and both times i got the car with the holes drilled and the dealer paper plates attached to the front and back. i wish i didn't have to have a front plate on the tc. i haven't tried to unscrew the front one but do the holes look really bad? i imagine they do. also, has anyone here in a state where the front plate is required ever gotten stopped and given a fix it ticket, or do you all get away with it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im also in California and yes you will get a fix it ticket if you don't have the front license plate. My co-worker recieved a ticket for not having one. I also would imagine that removing it would look ugly since the holes are there from the dealer install plates. Ill have to contact the dmv to see if I can get the plates that I want.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's awsome. Thanks for this link. I love being in the forums because I allways learn stuff from other people.

·
Registered
999 Posts
You thought they were free?^

mysciontc, your state allows 9 letters?! Holy, I wish California did that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NO, I knew that I would have to pay. I just Wanted to get the option to have the plates customized before anyonle else uses my Idea for the plates. As far as letters on the license plates California will only let u used seven charecters.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
yeah we got our plates last friday . my gf jus about had a seizure wanting to get home and see what numbers and stuff she got....and she hated em! she might want to go with u to change em lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey guys umm heres a thought i sold my custom car for this tc witch i will soon be doing custom work too as well but you can buy a state tag with the personalized numbers but its not registered with dmv. umm me and my freinds we just use them as show tags of course but i dont know its a heck of alot cheaper. cost be about 20bucks. just a though take care guys -BoostedTc

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just ordered mine. And I dedided to go with ERXEXTC. If u see me wave. I should be recieving my plates in the next few months. Thnks

1 - 20 of 38 Posts