Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are telling me either oct. 17th or Nov. 17(can't remember what he said) for my sub to come in.... I am upset. they told me when i bought the car on sat. it would be installed on Tuesday.... well, at least they are calling me to tell me it hasn't came in yet....

Thinking about saying screw the sub and getting some other options...

What do you all think about the
MudGards
Front Mask
Cargo Net
OBX Sport Pedals (we already have the OBX shifter that matches the temp knob)
Liscense Plate frame

I think I can get all these for the same price as the sub....

Is there anyway I can get free stuff for waiting so long for the sub??

·
Registered
614 Posts
don't bother getting the sub. count yourself lucky that you didn't get it. it's not any good. get your money back and buy some or all of that other stuff that you want. if only one, i suggest the obx pedals. they are next on my list.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Mudguards = good (very happy with mine)

Front end mask = good (I only use mine for long trips and wax the hell out of the car before using it so minimize scratching)

Cargo net = I have no opinion...haven't tried it

Sport pedals = good (5 minute install and I love how they look)

Plate frame = good (but you might want to hunt for some outside of Scion. I think there's are far too expensive)

·
Registered
614 Posts
^^that's a good idea too if you really want a sub

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the way it custom fits.... I don't know how it sounds though.

I used to have a little 6.5 inch bazoka tube in my fiero (behind the pass. seat... leg room was pretty limited over there.. hehe It was powered by a cheap as california profile amp and it sounded great...

The factory mask will scratch the #### out of the front if I leave it on permantly??? i drive 60+ miles per day.. I hate the bugs.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
You just need to be sure to clean behind the mask regularly. You pick up a bunch of road debris that you don't expect, and unless you remove it all, you'll grind it into the paint.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Have you checked other sites for the sub??? Mcgeorgeparts.com, or partznet?? the install is super easy to do yourself, and I personally like the sound for the small amount of space it uses in the trunk
the pedals are awesome the fit so nice and look great!!! There are tons of cheaper license frames one ebay!! and they r pretty good quality that is where i got mine

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I work on medical equipment all day (fix and repair). I don't want to install anything myself on my car... Not that I can't, I just don't have the desire.

I know, i needed to get everything rolled into the loan.... thats why I was paying the higher price at the dealer. We are saving for our wedding next June and everything extra goes into that fund.... Our honeymoon is going to be in Peru for 3 weeks....
Can't wait.

Should I be able to force the dealer to give me something for free?

·
Registered
614 Posts
you can try but chances are that they won't. all they might offer you are a few more free oil changes. yippee.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by J&J FlintC@Oct 7 2004, 12:19 PM
Have you checked other sites for the sub??? Mcgeorgeparts.com, or partznet?? the install is super easy to do yourself, and I personally like the sound for the small amount of space it uses in the trunk
the pedals are awesome the fit so nice and look great!!! There are tons of cheaper license frames one ebay!! and they r pretty good quality that is where i got mine
Scion has a pretty large backorder log . The last I looked it was around 700-800 on bo but even with that amount on bo it should not take to long to catch back up with demand and fill the orders. The sub makes a very clean install it fits and tucks into the right rear quarter of the tc so you don't have a tube sitting out in the open to get in the way . The custom enclosure with built in amp is made to fit the tc ,"part of the reason for cost " If anyone would like a copy of how to install this unit send me a email I would be happy to forward you a pdf copy [email protected]

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Hey Paul...this has nothing to do with the sub, but I ordered a sway bar and oil filter from you guys about a week and a half ago... Shipped quickly considering I'm across the country, and everything came as expected. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts